Red Dwarf Live

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Comedy Store Fan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Comedy Store Fan

Comedy Store Fan Skutter

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/11/10/38385/red_dwarf_plans_a_stage_extravaganza

I've heard Doug talk about this a few times in recent interviews, though this is the first fully fledged article I've read about it. What do you think? I for one would be overjoyed to see the whole cast live on stage, I suppose it would be like a TV recording but en masse with a huge audience. Do you think it would work in an arena though?

Asclepius and Pembers like this.
  2. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

I'm happy they plan it after Red Dwarf XIII. It means we won't have to wait so long to new series and when the live show will take place, I'll be old enough to buy myself plane tickets to Britain and see it.

3. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Great stuff, thanks for posting. I guess it would essentially be a circa 90 minute 'live show' performed over a few nights. I guess similar to the 'Bottom Live' shows where there are 1 or 2 sets, a simple plot but of course its all based on character dialogue, could be great.

Series XIII, a live show then XIV would be perfect if it happens.

4. Comedy Store Fan

Comedy Store Fan Skutter

Exactly! I mean I suppose you could view every episode (bar series 7) as a 'stage play' anyway, with the live audience, but to see the cast being able to improvise with each other and fool about on stage without the constraints of television is a very exciting prospect! As much as I can't wait for a new series, part of me wishes that they do this first!

The Cat and Pembers like this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Third Technician

Another article has also been released and love the idea! Seeing the cast live in a place like the O2 with the the huge audience of dwarfers around you, IT WOULD BE AMAZING!!! And having it between to series makes it even more exiting as firstly, you can look forward to xiii, then the live show and then xiv! Especially seeing as xii has just ended, (and that’s just plain sad) hearing all this makes me have even more exitement than what I had for xii!

Although, if this is not going to be for the 30th anniversary, what are they going to do for that do you think?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  6. Matthew Polson

Matthew Polson Third Technician

What I would love is if they did the live shows around different arenas across the UK

The Cat likes this.
  7. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

DAMN IT! Warning all that article contains a big spoiler for Skipper.

8. The Cat

The Cat Third Technician

Oh sorry, I forgot it was in my link! I will delete that part now so no one else see it, sorry again!

Pembers likes this.
  9. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

All good, not angry at you, angry at there being a spoiler in that article for no reason.

FeeBee, Abe and The Cat like this.