Red Dwarf Mobile Game

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by curtneedsaride, Mar 27, 2013.

1. curtneedsaride

curtneedsaride Skutter

I've been a big fan for years and even had that old mobile phone java game Red Dwarf Simulants' Revenge.

But I'm super surprised that BBC or another publisher hasn't scooped up the rights to hire a developer to make a proper Red Dwarf game. There are a ton of space exploration games and even a great one about to come out called Star Command. And any of these games would be made 200% better if a Red Dwarf theme was slapped on it!

So, to the powers that be, please get a Red Dwarf game out there, and unlike the other BBC apps, keep it updated please!

2. whatthesmeg

whatthesmeg First Technician

I'm here , I'm there , I'm everywhere , so beware!
    Never played that one sadly as my phone's ancient.:roll: Do you know if you Can you get it on a Tablet App? Personally I'd love to see a game on the console which would be even better still. I live in hope. :P

3. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Well they do have the Red Dward Soundboard and the Dibblifier app, but the latter hasn't worked in years and no one has bothered to pay a developer to correct a bit of code to get that working again. I think the likelihood of a new game coming out soon is very slim, but perhaps when/if a new series is comissioned there will be a new app to tie in with that?

4. theonion770

theonion770 Third Technician

I made a Red Dwarf themed game that works on mobile (well it has the Starbug at least). I called it "Starbug Thruster" and currently it works on Android, and also in a desktop browser (sorry - iPhones are a little bit more tricky for now, maybe later).

You can download the game for android here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/te7k4uzvbt7vu9a/starbugthruster.apk?dl=0

Or you can play it in the browser here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/642932

The problem for me is that I can't put this in the Android Play store or Apple Store, and I certainly couldn't charge for it, because the Starbug is copyright. And if there's no option to charge for it, it's unlikely a developer would put the time in making it. Unless of course it's an official licenced product.

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

"Unity player needs your permission to run"?!?

6. curtneedsaride

curtneedsaride Skutter

Very cool! Kudos for showing your love for RD. I wish I had an Android device to play it on, but I'll check it out on my computer for sure. I'm all Apple though, being a video and motion graphic producer.

Maybe if they do a Series XI we'll get a game to go along with it. Until then, though, I may just pretend that I am flying the Starbug when I play Space Miner on iOS.

7. curtneedsaride

curtneedsaride Skutter

Just in case anyone else out there has a mobile and enjoys playing games on it... AND you'd finally like to be able to play one on your iPhone too, I just read this is coming in time for series XI.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Red+Dwarf+XI%3A+The+Game/news.asp?c=71314