Red Dwarf Mobisodes

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Stephen, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I'm slowly uploading the Red Dwarf mobisodes onto YouTube. I'll post them here after each upload.

Here's all the ones uploaded to date:

MOD EDIT: Sorry, Stephen. The fact that they're no longer available doesn't change the fact that copyrighted Red Dwarf material can't be posted here on the forum. Not going to have a go at you for putting them on Youtube, but we can't have links/embeds to them here.

2. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Have you had copyright clearance to do this?!?

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

So what you gonna do? Turn me in? Watch me do the sit down dance in the electric chair and sing sing?

4. simulant37

Nice response, not really answering my question though is it?

Will you be posting links to youtube downloads of the new series when you have aquired them...if you please...:roll:

5. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

No. The new series will be widely available for people to purchase them-damn-selves. These mobisodes are no longer available plus the company that made them don't even have copies anymore either. So...

6. simulant37

So what you are doing is legal?!? I don't know myself so am asking you as I assume you would have looked into that before posting them on youtube & sharing the link here on the official website of Red Dwarf.

7. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Stop trolling, Simulant37!!!!

My understanding is that for clips under one minute, which many of these are, they can be uploaded to YouTube as long as they have a credit in the description. Probably best to do that Stephen.

Note that Simulant37 never seems to have issue in posting songs or music videos from YouTube on this forum that have clearly NOT been uploaded by the copyright holder! If it were a film or a full RD episode I may agree with Simulant37, but in this case it is neither. If Simulant37 feels strongly about it I would suggest he takes it up with either YouTube or Grant Naylor rather than fishing for an argument here! :x

8. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Here's what I post in the description of every video:

[​IMG]

9. simulant37

OK. Doesn't answer the question. Hopefully the legality of this will be determined by those with the knowledge.

It may be quite complex as the mobisodes include audio from the show.

Incidentally, these are really very poor.

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Who cares, I am glad someone kept the 2007 mobisodes as it was almost like they didn't exist anymore

11. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Holy crap, Sim, do you honestly have to crap all over everything?? Do you contribute a damn thing to this forum, or to fandom at all for that matter? These Mobisodes have been dead for years, the company that made them is defunct, no one can possibly profit off of them, so what's the harm of posting them for free for fans to enjoy? God damn it'd be nice to read through one post without your vitriol polluting the whole goddamn place up. :roll::roll::roll:

/Rant mode off

12. simulant37

I do not "crap all over everything" to use your language! There are many posts I do not contribute to...but like all members of this forum, well the 4 that seem to frequent it, I am free to post anywhere! IF YOU PLEASE!

13. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Thank you for being so bloody negative Sim.

14. simulant37

Asking about the legality of posting these mobisodes is "being so bloody negative"?!? I don't think so. I would not want anyone to suffer from infringing copyright here on the official website.

15. simulant37

I beg your pardon!?!? Seriously?!? You do NOT need to resort to that type of language! Please delete your offending post!

16. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

everyone who is a regular here knows that Stephen and karnie are good guys. It's no coincidence that the person in the middle of all this remains, once again, the same person.

17. simulant37

Why are you getting involved again, when you have apparently "retired from battle". Stephen could have made his feelings known without resorting to that sort of language which is unacceptable here.

PS - you have openly admitted to starting threads simply to wind me up so I do not think it is appropriate for you of all people to wade in acting like some kind of mod here critiquing my behaviour.! SHAME ON YOU!

18. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Just offering my opinion... Not "getting involved", Stephen is a top guy and if there would be any aftermath because of this, then it would be unjust. I don't think there would be though.

P.s. Whenever I have done the posts to purposely wind you up...at least I owned up and said I was at fault. I have blips. But then it would help if you weren'tconsistently the last poster in every single conference.

19. simulant37

Offering your opinion is getting involved though.

Does it matter if someone is apparently in your eyes "a top guy" or not?!? As I said, he could have displayed his displeasure toward me in a way that did not resort to vile language...I have never used such language on the forum despite the low opinion you have of me, ofset by your desire to be my mate...:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

20. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Sim is terrible we all know that!