Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by OurJud, Mar 21, 2015.
It's got to be more than that, I'm sure Chris Barrie must say it more than that just in Dimension Jump. Just out of interest though are you counting examples like Ace's last words in "Stoke me a clipper" which IIRC are "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for......" and our Ace Rimmer's "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas" from the same episode?
You're right in that it's more than four.
See what else you can come up with. I am including all variants.
Please note that I have edited my question from "been said" to "appeared".
I'm going to say double that to 8, if you're including all variations and sky-writing.
Nearly there, but not quite. I make it more than 8.
Correct, but can you name them?
Not fair, it is Solaris' go now to ask a question as he correctly answered your question.
Dwarf related, if that's ok. What poem did Craig Charles resite on the Wogan show on then perform again at dimension jump 95?
well done billy, will have to make the next one harder. your turn
Lister's claustrophobia harks back to an incident with a supermarket check-out girl when he was 17. What number cashier was she?
IMO it is fair to ask for them to be named as proof that whoever answered did not just pluck a number out of the air.
I'm not saying solaris did this, but it would have been good just to make sure that we agree on the ten instances.
Not to mention the painstaking research I had to endure watching three of my favourite RD episodes to make sure I got it correct myself
Never mind, I should have stipulated naming them in the original question.
Anyway, for completion, here are the ten just in case anyone's curious:
1. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace leaving Mimas.
2. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace to the computer after crashing into Starbug.
3. "Smoke me a kipper, can you do that?...I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace to AJ Rimmer before leaving with Lister to repair Starbug.
4. "Smoke me a kipper skipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace to Lister before leaving Red Dwarf.
5. "I'll smoke him a smegging kipper" - AJ Rimmer as Ace leaves Red Dwarf.
Emohawk - Polymorph II.
6. "Fellas, smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace to Lister & Kryten after locking them in the engine room.
7. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be..." - Ace after diving on the grenade.
Stoke Me a Clipper.
8. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace's skywriting.
9. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for..." - Ace dying.
10. "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas" - AJ Rimmer as Ace leaving Starbug.
Thank you please
The sad thing is I got almost all of those, I just forgot Ace was in Polymorph II, but thanks for the list.
Cashier number 4 - from duct soup extended, and sorry about the last "lucky guess" but you didn't ask me to name them all.
Well done! Ask away.
So over all series how many "cats" appear. Please name them too.
Three I think.
The Cat Priest
Well I was actually after all versions, so quite a few more.
Eg every "cat" and every "cat variation"
Frankenstein, Danny John-Jules as Our Cat, the Priest, high and low cat from Demons and Angels, Cat-Priest from Dimension Jump, briefly with no lines alternative Cat in Ouroborous, also as Cat-Camille and two or three Dwayne Dibleys. So by that count 6 DJJ plus 2 other Cats plus 2-3 Dwaynes. Have I forgotten any?