Red Dwarf scenes without the main characters

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jmc2000, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

2. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Off the top of my head:

Thomas Allman/The Inquisitor

The Simulant and Able in Beyond a Joke

The scene with the other Gamers in Back to Reality

Androids

There's probably loads of establishing/intro scenes setting up the premise or threat of a particular ep that don't have our characters in tbh.

3. Pendo

Pendo Second Officer Fan Club Team

There are also Hollister scenes in Series 8 that don't involve the main cast, such as the scene with Dr Newton, the baby dinosaur, and his Captain's Log scenes.

4. Highjump

Highjump Second Technician

i was going to say the conversation between the capt and holly over what they will do about the crew, but i guess holly would be a main character sort of.. i am blanking right now i will come back to this topic

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There's one in the very first episode: George McIntyre's funeral service.

6. Highjump

Oh right! then they play that great song! does holly count as a main character? if so that cuts out like half of them hah

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Holly certainly does count as a main character. I'd argue that Hollister does as well, but only in series 8, so that doesn't affect the funeral scene. Holly's mentioned in the scene but isn't seen or heard.

8. Highjump

Damn! what about timeslides? i think there are many in there but only for brief bits may be wrong.

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm not sure. Which bits do you mean?

This is an interesting topic that's really got me thinking. There's this brief moment in Gunmen:

SIMULANT LIEUTENANT: Fluke hit.
    SIMULANT CAPTAIN: Take them with us.
    SIMULANT LIEUTENANT: Can't return fire.
    SIMULANT CAPTAIN: Hack into their navigation computer. Transmit the Armageddon Virus.

10. Highjump

I think that would be one! and as for the bits the picture of the two skiers, then the oh wait i was going to say the one where rimmer got married! but he was obviously there which reminds me of the bar in backwards and when he steals the peoples bike the actress supping her tea backwards rob grant smoking! i'm on a roll now!

adding the rimmer as a kid and his mom and the video of rimmer and his brothers then oh my how did i forget the UM song with craigs younger brother scene i will try to think of more.

11. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Oh, and I may be wrong but are there a couple of shots from Gunmen featuring just the Apocalypse Boys? Or do all of them have Sheriff Kryten in them?

Terrorform could sort of count - there's that bit where various Cavalier-style aspects of Rimmer's personality are fighting his bad points. They may be played by Chris Barrie but they're not actually Rimmer... are they?

Meltdown has the "last stand" of the waxworks, and Queen Victoria killing Hitler, which I don't think feature the main characters.

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Kryten is there.

13. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Curses - yes, of course he is.
    But not in the scene with the battle and the minefield.