RED DWARF T-SHIRTS: WE WANT YOUR VIEWS!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Seb, May 4, 2017.

1. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Let’s face it, t-shirts have always been an integral part of Red Dwarf fandom – from the classic “SMEG HEAD” all the way through to 2016’s “CAPTAIN BOLLOCKS”, there’s always been a wide range of designs for any self-respecting Dwarfer to hang on their chest. Some of them are even on shirts that aren’t black. But for the first time ever, we’ve decided to get your opinion on what you’d like to see us do next.

Because, you know, we could do all the market research and focus grouping we want, but what really counts is the opinion of the die-hard Red Dwarf fan who’s going to go out and buy these things. So with that in mind, we’re asking you a very simple question:

If you could have ONE Red Dwarf t-shirt made, what would you like to see on it?

You might want to see a famous quote that hasn’t been printed before; a character portrait; a piece of “in-universe” design; or maybe another of the “costume” or “Owner’s Manual” designs that debuted in the Series XI merchandise run. Or maybe you’ve got something else entirely in mind!

Whatever your thoughts are, we want to hear them. While we obviously can’t promise that a fan-suggested shirt will definitely get made, we can say that all the relevant parties will be paying very close attention to everything that’s suggested, and this will factor in to future merchandise plans. So get thinking, and leave your comments below - but please, try to limit yourself to just one reply! If you’ve got several ideas… well, just pick the best one! And you never know, it might be one that the Powers that Be upstairs agree with…

Please note that this is not a design competition, and you should not submit your own artwork, or concepts over which you have a sense of ownership. We are seeking feedback on the type of shirts people would like to see, based on the types of shirt we have already produced, in order to feed into development conversations that are already ongoing – there won’t be a “winning shirt idea”!

ClareGC likes this.
  2. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

I would like maybe more "in universe" ones. Like the JMC one at the minute is really cool but I am not super fused on it saying Red Dwarf XI on it. Those shirts you get for alien and all that say Nostromo like the logo for the ship would be cool but for Red Dwarf.

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I'd like to see more concept drawing tees. The skutter one was great and I'd like to see ones for Red Dwarf, Starbug & Blue Midget.

4. FeeBeeBells

FeeBeeBells Deck Sergeant

I really like the owners manual shirts, they are my favourite of the current shirts and when I got the Starbug one I was dispointed that I could not get a Red Dwarf one. Not long after I placed my purchase the Red Dwarf one came out. I have it on order at the moment. I'd like to see an owners manual for Kryten.

I agree with Could about the Red Dwarf XI. I don't mind that on the shirts that are specific to the new series only, but for the ones that could relate to the older content I would've prefered just Red Dwarf or nothing at all.

thinkingman likes this.
  5. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Comment appreciated, but please do try to keep this thread for discussion of the topic in question, and that only - we want to keep it as streamlined as possible so that the suggestions can be read together in one place. Thanks.

6. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

I'd like one of Kryten looking clever with the caption 'Best Guess.....'

7. Officer Kendall

Officer Kendall Skutter

I echo this. The skutter t-shirt I own is my favorite Red Dwarf t-shirt, but is now looking a little worse for wear as it is over 10 years old now.

8. rmelb

rmelb Skutter

One you could have would be a photo of Cat from 'Backwards' (series 3) after he went to the bathroom and have a quote along the lines of 'Sometimes it doesn't pay to go backwards'... or something similar.

BadOleSantabot likes this.
  9. Snow Cloud

A picture of Rimmer from Gunmen but it says "Tex Rimmer" on it

Iced Gemz likes this.
  10. Iced Gemz

Iced Gemz Catering Officer

I want Butler! :-D

11. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Maaaaaahhhhhh

PeeJayHarvey and Iced Gemz like this.
  12. Wenceslas

Wenceslas Deck Sergeant

T-Shirt in style of Rimmer's uniform (the new blue one).

FeeBeeBells and Pendo like this.
  13. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

I'd like a more summery kind of t-shirt (i.e. not black or dark coloured, I never want to wear those on a hot day). Perhaps a Fijian beach done in neon/tropical colours with 'fun, fun, fun' or even 'the slime's coming home' written in cheesy postcard-style lettering. Maybe some goldfish shoals on it too. 8-)

14. Bruce MacLachlan

Bruce MacLachlan Skutter

A picture of a baffled looking Rimmer and a scowling Lister with
    "Is that painting yours? It's rubbish!"
    "It's a mirror!"

15. Snow Cloud

Has there ever been official London Jets or Mugs Murphy shirts? If not, why not!?

16. kezzlebob

kezzlebob Skutter

5 specks of grit (black tee with 5 black dots)
    Forbidden Passion Fruit
    This is not a daffodil
    Our Rob or Ros

Stephen likes this.
  17. mandy

mandy Skutter

It does mean changing the bulb!

18. Iced Gemz

Iced Gemz Catering Officer

"See dick run run dick run" with smells! :-D

PeeJayHarvey likes this.
  19. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I'd love to see a Howard/Arnold Rimmer "You were an utter TWAT!" T-Shirt. It would go nicely next to the other t-shirt that has TWAT scrawled in big letters across it :lol:

thinkingman and Stephen like this.
  20. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

RED DWARF T-SHIRTS: WE WANT YOUR VIEWS!
    I would like to see some series 1 and 2 Holly intro monologues along with a Holly picture.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Stephen likes this.