Red Dwarf vs Red Dwarf

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Angelic_Storm, Nov 17, 2012.

1. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

Sorry scarfy, was 5am I don't know which I meant lol

Time slides, brilliant episode, while Cassandra would get erased by the inquisitor because it could have Been so much more

Queeg vs back to reality - no relation between them, just two brilliant episodes

2. LastTimeLord

LastTimeLord Supply Officer

Queeg. It's sorely underrated.

Parallel Universe vs Ouroboros!

3. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Parallel Universe. I dislike series VII from Ouroboros onwards (though I do keep thinking of watching Epideme again). Whilst in the long run the Lister being his own dad storyline does go reasonably well, the only thing that amuses me from Ouroboros is the "it's an obscene phone call, sir" line. Meanwhile, Parallel Universe isn't a GREAT episode but has more laughs in my opinion, and flows a lot better.

Hmm... Polymorph or Psirens?

4. captainlisabeth

captainlisabeth First Technician

Polymorph aaaaaaaaaall the way. Classic. Actually bought my other half a 'Give Quiche A Chance' t-shirt for Xmas...

Back To Reality vs Quarantine...

5. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Oh that's a toughy for sure Lisbeth. Still, I gotta plump for BTR, by a smidgeon. On another day, Q, but most days BTR.

Right, how about Duct Soup vs Fathers & Suns?

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Unlike many I don't dislike Duct Soup. There were some very funny exchanges in that episode. But I'll opt for Fathers & Suns, largely for another very funny exchange, this time with a character talking with himself. Oh and Pree. Mmmm mmm.

DNA or Terrorform.

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Terrorform, DNA was good IMO but Terrorform had the (Admittedly dated now) text adventure scene with the Taranshula. Plus self-loathing's hand maidens...

Two early episodes, Better Than Life or Parallel Universe?

8. Hesperus

Hesperus Third Technician

Parallel Universe, for me Better than Life has too many scenes that aren't within the confines of a ship, if that makes any sense! I also really like Holly and Hilly :-D

White Hole or Future Echoes?

9. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I'm not altogether sure that this has dated any more than "videos". You can still buy text adventures today from services like GOG. I'm sure they'll still have a place in history as retro classics in the future. There might even be a resurgence. :lol:

10. captainlisabeth

Future Echoes! :-D The first scene that Lister talks with the future Rimmer is just too hilarious. Although, Talky Toaster is a total boss...

Oh god, gonna be late for work at this rate... think, Lisabeth, think! :roll:

Okay, two of my favourites... Thanks For The Memory vs Dimension Jump!

11. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Wow - Thanks For The Memory or Dimension Jump... y'know, I'm not keen on Ace Rimmer (I think Stoke Me A Clipper was probably quite a bad thing they did with the character) but I'm going to plump for Dimension Jump. It was a difficult one but I think the main thing that counts for Dimension Jump is the revelation that *our* Rimmer is the one who "got the break" of not being kept back a year.

Now, trying to think of two completely random episodes... nope, can't think of any so I'll do two semi-related episodes. Stasis Leak or Back In The Red 1?

12. captainlisabeth

I'm one of those terrible people who just can't get on board with season 8, no matter how hard I try. I mean, BITR isn't too bad, but when I compare Stasis Leak and BITR pt. 1 I just have to go with Stasis Leak, hands down. Brilliant ep.

The Beginning vs Angels & Demons?

13. Strat-tastic

The Beginning. I must admit to a little bias as I was fortunate enough to be there, but I've seen it many times now I am don't tire of it. Great story, wonderful gags, character development, Hogey the Roguey, great big explosions, the first scenes not involving any Dwarfers I think, plus a dude and his mate in the audience having a blast. I do wonder what I'd think of it if I'd not been there and how I would have taken to it seeing it as a 'normal' episode.

OK, two I have watched very recently - Queeg vs Timeslides

14. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Not including the Back flash scene at the start of Ouroboros, which does actually include a Dwarfer, albeit in mini-mode, there is one other scene I can think of. The introduction to The Inquisitor. The Beginning has by far the longest scenes without the lads, though.

I'll let someone else take that one. I know which one I'd choose, I'm just feeling too lazy to think up two others to choose between. And it occurs to me that by the team I've finished this, someone else might have answered.

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Or not. ;-)

16. Strat-tastic

Yes, you're right. I was also going to say the first time they've met someone who hasn't tried to kill them, but don't think that's true either.

17. captainlisabeth

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEG!!

Blue vs Duct Soup?

18. Hesperus

Hesperus Third Technician

As Duct Soup is one of my least favourite episodes ever it's got to be Blue!

The Last Day or Kryten?:-)

19. captainlisabeth

Oh man, good choices! Kryten is a flipping brill episode, but due to Rimmer's hilarious anecdotes during the dinner, I have to go with The Last Day!

Balance of Power vs Bodyswap

20. lemonhead

lemonhead Second Technician

Bodyswap! One of my early favourites!

Polymorph vs Psirens