RDXII Red Dwarf won Comedy.co.uk Awards 2017

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Asclepius, Jan 4, 2018.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Agreed. But if it wins I think it would maybe nudge us a little closer to a series XIII sometime before the end of the decade.

Asclepius likes this.
  2. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

You have till 23.59 tomorrow to vote, so if you haven't voted, vote now!!

3. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

4. DivineVarod

Only a few hours left!!:-D

5. DivineVarod

One hour left!!

6. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Until what?

Ohhhhhhhh the awards!! I thought you were counting down the ten year anniversary of yours and @Abe ’s unanswered Q&A!!!

If red dwarf wins, will you do the Q&A then?!

BigOleDummy and Asclepius like this.
  7. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

The thread was renamed once again, because Red Dwarf won as Best Returning Comedy 2017!
    In Comedy of the Year Red Dwarf hasn't repeated last years succes, but it's super result anyway!

Thanks all for voting. :-)

Kittypaws and Abe like this.
  8. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Wahey! :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

9. Matthew Polson

Matthew Polson Third Technician

Really glad it won!! Now we just need to hear about the live show and new series!!

10. Ant E

Excellent news. Do you not show this on tv anymore ? Is it because comedy is so poor at the moment?

11. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Its fair to say that the 90s was when british comedy was a much bigger thing, while now days i can't say there is alot of british comedy that i am aware of.

Red Dwarf has a strong loyal fanbase compared to other british comedies so its not all that shocking it had better legs then alot of other shows.

12. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Congratulations to Red Dwarf on winning Best Returning Sitcom, and it certainly lost to a very good opponent on Comedy of the Year.

13. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

What did you vote as Comedy of the Year?

14. darnall42

darnall42 Third Technician

voted red dwarf for returning series but it was a hard decision as the league of gentlemen specials was very close.also glad vic and bobs big night out won too (2 posts in nearly 9 years- good stuff :-) )

15. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I believe I voted for Taskmaster, but I know that Inside No. 9 was fantastic as well.

16. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Excellent news that us Dwarfers helped series 12 to the best returning series win!

I don’t usually vote in these polls. For example, for the 2017 results of this website’s comedy awards I did not even vote. But this past few months I have finally decided to have a go, not be lazy and voted for Red Dwarf for both the National Television Awards and the comedy.co.uk poll.

Like I said it’s great news and as someone else has said it must surely raise the likelihood of a series 13 hopefully in the not too distant future.

I’ve been re-watching series 12 the past week or so for a third time in total and it is while not one hundred per cent in the form of series 2-6 just so excellent and a joy to watch. Cured, Siliconia, Skipper and probably Mechocracy are all classic Dwarf episodes and the other two are very good. I voted for series 11 in the poll on this forum about which was the best out of the two back-to-back series but now I am wondering whether they are both equal as series 11 had the finest episode out of the 12 (Give and Take) while series 12 was a bit more consistent. Whatever, Doug and company have done a great job and I really hope that series 13 will be announced at this year’s Dimension Jump! We will see...

The only thing I would say though is I have noticed that there was nothing about Red Dwarf in the NTA awards but I don’t really care because it doesn’t stand too much of a chance in that because it was not broadcast on one of the main terrestrial channels.

But anyway, with Red Dwarf 12 being another award-winning success...here’s hoping for a Red Dwarf 13 being filmed next year at the latest!

DivineVarod likes this.
  17. AJ Smegface

AJ Smegface Second Technician

Great win for RD, but I am a tad disappointed though that in the NTA's it didn't end up as a nominee in the final countdown, so-to-speak. Would have been good for "brand awareness"...

18. Ant E

Perhaps the Comedy awards should refuse to reveal the winner so they know how it feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pembers likes this.
  19. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Well done Red Dwarf

Hey Ant, are you still hoping for a resolution to that old RD competition result that has never been revealed, good luck with that. :-)

20. Ant E

Correct Samuel I am. Smeg Outs is up there with that scandal competition on Richard and Judy!!!

sundayforsammy likes this.