RED DWARF X PREDICTIONS

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Pecospete666, May 22, 2012.

1. rettuks

rettuks Skutter

I think BtE was a toe dip for Dave to see what reaction would be to the franchise being rebooted. They may have had, in the back of their mind, a new full season but wanted to see what the viewers thought first. This could explain the cheap (IMHO) feel of BtE. With RDX they seem to have thrown more money and time at it, meaning we (the fans/viewers) will get a more rewarding and entertaining experience. For the record I was not overly impressed by BtE althought it was nice to see the boys back again :-)

2. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

BtE wasn't just a cheap feel. it was cheap full stop! Doug pretty much had his hand forced with regards to no studio audience and writing a story that allowed modern day street scenes to be filmed. I think it's a miracle that he produced what he did with the available funds. Many people working for free (or next to free) just out of love for the show. And yeah, the success of BtE (as has been proven on other threads and I'm not going to debate again! Not the time or place!) definitely lead to this full season/series commissioning!

3. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

It's like a reboot, except with all the original people and it still keeps all the old continuity.

...so yeah, it's not like a reboot. But it is. Sort of. I'm confuzzled.

4. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

It's using the time gap to whip the slate clean of the mistakes from the past. As I said earlier series 8 ended in a way where the show was kinda written into a corner, as such I'd be more then happy to skip any explanation to the events afterward. However if anyone REALLY needs one then why not have a comic like Prelude To Nanarchy to fill the gap.