Red Dwarf X Region 1 DVD Audio Issue

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jmheminger, Jan 20, 2017.

1. jmheminger

jmheminger Skutter

Hi, all. I'm brand new to the forum, so apologies if this issue has already been run to ground somewhere else. I purchased the Red Dwarf X DVD set (Region 1) and have noticed that the audio plays too slowly and under pitch for the episodes. You can hear it when the theme song plays at the beginning and end and when the characters speak. The sound is too slow and lower than it's supposed to be. I noticed that one person on Amazon wrote in a review that they were experiencing similar problems. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any tips on how to get my DVDs replaced with ones that have the audio corrected? I'm not having much luck so far in contacting the manufacturer of the discs. Thanks!

2. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I have this problem too. Unfortunately, it is unfixable, as the transfer to North American DVDs was not handled properly, thus the 4% slowdown. If you want to watch a non-slowed down version, buy it for streaming on Amazon or move to Britain and buy the DVD there.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

If you have VLC media player, you can easily synchronize audio. Instruction here.

4. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

The audio is in sync with the video, both are just slow.