RDXI Red Dwarf XI dvd

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Ant E, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

Good point! Thanks Cloud!:-)

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

And I think you can still access your deleted emails from a particular folder (probably called 'deleted' or 'trash' for a while. Unless you cleared that out as well.

I would probably do what you're considering if I was in your shoes, though. I.e. keep the error-ridden cover as a curiosity of production (or mis-production, if you like) history.

I ordered the ordinary Blu-ray. I was tempted to get the steel-book. It's a lovely thing, but I couldnt really justify paying that much more for just the special packaging.

I did end up double-dipping for the steel-book version of Series X, although I might have gotten the original if I'd known the steelbooks was coming out later. (Thankfully we had the choice of both from the outset.) But that cover was really something else, and I was employed back then.

It should arrive in a day or two.

By the way, Amazon charged me for postage this time! Usually there's free option, but maybe I'd need to spend more for that.

3. reaktor24

reaktor24 Third Technician

Yes I received a proper reply asking for evidence also. All I sent them was a photo of the label on the Amazon packaging showing my address, next to the cardboard sleeve showing the list of episodes. That should be enough for them I reckon. Might find out tomorrow.

4. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I got the e-mail asking for receipt, photo and address. Yes it's still on Amazon Paul; you can d/l a PDF of the invoice, it's a small link so needs hunting down but it is there.

I'll keep mine imperfect too I think, but it is still nice to get the replacement as well.

What are they going for on ebay at the mo'? :lol:

5. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I received an email back today, I have taken a photo of the sleeve and downloaded my pdf receipt from amazon, just need to find my phone usb lead now so I can put the picture on my pc and reply to the email. :-) then, jobs a good un.

I know it's only a card sleeve but it's worth having the correct one (as well). 8)

6. Yule Sleigher

Well, I've sent off an email with a pdf of my Amazon invoice, two pictures of the blu-ray (front and back), and my full name and address. I'll let you know what comes of it. I think I'll replace the slipcase, and keep the 'faulty' one in one of the special edition gift set boxes containing the model of Starbug or the skutter. The DVDs from those gift sets are on the book shelf with the other Red Dwarf DVDs.

7. sundayforsammy

Snap, the email from BBC says allow 2-3 weeks for replacement. :-D

8. sundayforsammy

I had an email from BBC DVD today saying that a replacement sleeve was despatched today so I expect we all will have them delivered soon. Good quick response and service. :-)

9. Yule Sleigher

Me too! After being a bit perturbed by an initial automated email and then being left in the dark I'm pleased with how quickly this is being sorted. It must have needed a lot of work to mop up this mess.

10. Strat-tastic

I received that too, yesterday.

11. Yule Sleigher

I've arrived home to find my new cardboard sleeve awaiting me. Sent first class! Hope you all get yours promptly.

I'm dodging out of the forum now, but I've really enjoyed series XI. Hope you all have a pleasant Christmas and New Year. See you in the run up to series XII.

12. Strat-tastic

Yes got mine. I swapped them over and put the first version into the (very sturdy) envelope for added protection.

13. sundayforsammy

Mine arrived yesterday, but it was as I was tearing up the card envelope I thought I should have used it to safely store the original sleeve. Unlike Strat, my thought process was just a little too slow. :crying:

14. Strat-tastic

Believe me I'm not always so quick on the uptake :roll:

15. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

We are aware

16. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I received my Blu-ray a few days ago. I went for the standard one, although I'm kinda hankering for that lovely purple steelbook....

Great item. I really liked the extras. I know the supposed lack is a cause of complaint for a lot of fans, but it really was not an issue for me. The documentary was just long enough to watch in one sitting. (I found documentaries on past sets rather too long for that, but to be fair, one doesn't have watch them all at once.) I guess a bit more information concerning models and the guest character costumes would have been nice, but the extra offering was still a lot more generous than most shows and films out there.

It is a real shame that commentaries could not be included, but we knew they wouldn't be anyway. If youre going to produce the DVDs so soon after the show airs, this is a sacrifice that needs to be made. Hopefully Doug's online versions will still be available in future.

The subtitles really need proofreading though. I haven't watched them all, but I noticed a number of errors.

Overall a lovely package.

17. Strat-tastic

Oh AntE, you really are a one :lol:

18. Santa Paws

Santa Paws Flight Co-Ordinator

I received mine from Amazon, originally meant to come from Zavvi, but Zavvi delayed it, saying it was no longer in stock, and was over a week late. So I cancelled it and started again with Amazon, and got it a few days later.

I soon found out why Zavvi delayed it: the printing error on the card sleeve.

In any case, I'm rather pleased with it, the steelbook is a beauty, and I don't care if there's a printing error as I'm keeping the card with it.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

19. sundayforsammy

If you got the card with the misprint, you can get a free replacement from BBC DVD just by sending them an email with a few 'purrs' along with a photo of the misprinted sleeve and a pdf of your Amazon invoice. 8)

20. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

A very decent series - with rubbish DVD extras.

How could they have left out a bigger feature on the models? And as for totally overlooking Howard Goodall's return. Disgusting.