Red Dwarf XI Episode 3 Buzz...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jedshepherd, Nov 23, 2015.

1. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

I know it hasn't been filmed yet, but I'm still buzzing as Daniela and I are going!

What do we have to expect from episode 3? well I've been researching (googling for 3 seconds on wikipedia) at which episodes were filmed third in each series (first 6 only). These are the results...

1: Waiting For God
    2: Stasis Leak
    3: Backwards
    4: Meltdown
    5: Holoship
    6: Rimmerworld

Hmmmmmmm :-)

who else is going?

2. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Hmmm indeed. With the exception of Statis Leak, they are all pretty mediocre episodes. BUT, that's not to say this one will be!!

We look forward to your set report. The gazpacho soup ones have been particularly brilliant. No pressure...

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I think that picture from robert is a green screen

5. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

6. jedshepherd

I don't think it's starbug, it's the Series XI reboot of Season 1 with a few minor changes...

[​IMG]

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i don't actually mind them working with green screen aslong as its for effects or certain location

Something i can't complain about BTE was the big scale CGI locations which actually helped the scale of the ship

8. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I've always considered Backwards and Holoship to be strong episodes, and I've always really enjoyed Rimmerworld and Meltdown.

9. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

To be fair the classic series even during 1-6 used blue screens from time to time without being heavy on computer effects, likewise did X use green screens similarly for certain effects.

10. jedshepherd

we might be in for a treat then!

11. Ant E

Backwards? Really?

I was always amazed at the moaning of plot holes in Lemons but failed to notice the BILLIONS of them in the lazily written Backwards.

Nope, just think it was a gimmicky episode.

12. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

It is a gimmicky episode, it can't be denied, and it's full of plot holes. But we could probably unpick a million plot holes from every episode. I rate episodes by how funny I find them and Backwards it very funny, lots of visual gags and some very clever comedy. I do also like Lemons too hehe.

13. Ant E

I like you... :eek:ops:

14. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Robert is very excited for it. Could it be the multiple Kryten episode? He's looking forward to it because everyone else is going to go through what he does...?

15. jedshepherd

Oh Im not sure I want it to be that! But it prob is based on Robert's hint. Ah well, I have faith in them to make it awesome!

16. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

The episode were they all get Krytened up I must confess I have my reservations about as it does sound gimmicky.....that said the idea could be handled better then it sounds but I'd be lying if I didn't say I have my doubts.

17. jedshepherd

on paper it does sound a bit suss, but we don;t know what angle they are going for. It could be a small part in an epic story!

18. jedshepherd

Daniela and I are going to go on a Hammer Horror walk near Pinewood, as they shot lots of those films around there, especially Black Park which is next to the studio. Its gonna be a good one!

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I am also abit cautious about the everyone is kryten episode because i agree it does sound like a self aware gimmick and i worry how far doug will go for comedy

i am alot more cautious this series then i was series X as i didn't feel it was quite the return to form some others did because while it was an improvement over 8 and BTE it still felt like alot of it needed ironing out

20. jedshepherd

I think I mentioned it in another thread, but I agree. I dont think they should pander to the fans as we only make up a small percentage of the audience and wouldn't want to alienate the rest of the casual viewers with in-jokes and callbacks!

the only way I can think of them for them to do an all-kryten episode, is for the crew to go inside a Better Than Life game again, but one that's hacked/glitched which makes everyone live out one person's life... Kryten!