Red Dwarf XI Episode 4 Buzz...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DivineVarod, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Interesting about the split screen allowing the same performer to appear multiple times, and the new Howard Goodall music which must be integral to the story to be played to the studio audience. Quartet of Rimmers?

Again, another very positive set report.

There has also been lots of talk about popcorn over Twitter with someone actually putting some on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-RED-DWARF-PROP-A-PIECE-OF-POPCORN-/201479030013

Looking forward to it.

2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

How utterly pathetic putting that on eBay!

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

thats the joke

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

It depends for me what the camparison is, if its another trip into Rimmers background then i'll be a little worried since i feel doug over did it in Series X alone and the more he does it the more Rimmer background is dissected and is just gonna end up a logical mess

it wouldn't surprise me if doug does delve more into Rimmers background since those episodes were the better received but that doesn't mean doug should do it again

i am so cautious about this series its unbelievable and yet i was so optimistic about Series 10

5. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

The popcorn thing was more an in joke with the warm up guy, it is a part of the story so I won't say what but it's not important at all to the plot.

I saw very little comparison to Trojan myself, in fact there are 4 episodes that cone immediately to mind that are more similar.

6. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I really hope you're right on that, I really have very little positive to say with regards to Trojan.

7. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Well I can't promise you'll like it but it's certainly different enough from Trojan for that not to be the issue. In my opinion at least.

8. Slainmonkey

I guess my worrying isn't such a bad thing because if my fears are proven wrong there will be even more reason to rejoice.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Thats a big "if"

10. Slainmonkey

I will say I head more criticism coming from the series X recordings as there were a few instances I heard people mention not being entirely keen on the use of subplots, if nothing else people have been noting that the writing has been more focused in that department.....I just hope it translates to a stronger batch of episodes in Series XI and by extension XII. However it's best to reign in expectations because that's the best way to not be disappointed.

11. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

The split screen does sound interesting. I would personally love to see more Rimmer back story revealed as I loved what was done in Backwards. One can't help but be reminded of Me2 too. Although obviously it may have no similarity or relation to either of those things. It could be any of the characters and for various potential reasons.

I must admit that while I'm usually perhaps more easily pleased than some fans when it comes to certain details, I can't help but worry a bit about the Starbug set at this point, as I felt it was pretty much perfect in series 6 and 7. I appreciate that it's not a main set this time around though. But all the little details such as the spinning image on the screen in the background made for a great set. So this is perhaps where my fussy fan side may end up being a little disappointed. But maybe not.

On the plus side, it's good to read that Starbug now has a forth wall and that the lighting was on point.

That aside - *geek alert!* - I do hope the costume change was Craig wearing his old red London Jets t-shirts. Or seeing Rimmer in his old series 1/2 uniform would be nice too. :-) I have a feeling it's neither of those things though.

12. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I think the Starbug set looked good personally, I wasn't disappointed by it.

13. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Pix?

14. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

15. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

not keen on rimmer's hair in that photo. tsk tsk.

16. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Where's kochanski

17. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

In the bathroom with Holly and Kill Crazy.

18. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

well I think our fanfic is developing nicely.

19. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

Quite.

If my memory is working well, in the series VIII doc, Doug says something like "If it doesn't look plausible (Hollister being the captain) then you have to explain it", and "it made so much sense and was much funnier to have Hollister being the doughnut boy..."

No, no, NO! Hollister / Mac Mcdonald was an entirely plauible captain of Red Dwarf. In fact, he was superb!

It made absolutely NO SENSE to turn him into an imposter 'Dennis the Doughnut Boy'.

The mind boggles.

20. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I find it helps to just pretend stuff like that didn't happen, it's Red Dwarf who gives a smeg about continuity?