Red Dwarf XI Episode 4 Buzz...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DivineVarod, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I enjoyed the filming of episode 4 but sad I didn't get any popcorn. Danny & the warm up guy were ribbing each other rotten too. Although there was a lot of talk of licking worryingly enough all over the recording time. Wonder if any of it will make the Smeg Ups reel.

The split screen scene was pretty good and can't wait for the finished/polished final cut of it.

2. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Slash fic?

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

5. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Not as good as Trojan?.......welp if that's the case I'm not going to be a fan of this one. These set reports have me most worried about this episode......it's no secret that I feel Trojan will filled with series 8 pantomime, forced jokes, out of character moments from the cast, humour the felt out of place for Red Dwarf and a frankly atrocious subplot. If this episode is weaker then that then frankly I'm starting to lose faith in the season.

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Well the blogger did say he adored trojan so them saying its not as good as that episode doesn't mean all that much since it just means they preferred trojan

7. Slainmonkey

....I hope you're right, I can't for the life of me understand the affection many have for that episode.

8. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

He was a she and was sat almost next to me, same row.

This episode was different from Trojan, there was no sub-plot, the characters acted like themselves all episode and there were no jokes that seemed out of place. In terms of cheesy/groan humour there was one scene like that and a scene towards the end could be described as 'pantomimey' but only in a way we've seen in series III, IV, V and VI before (yes and VIII, and BTE and X)

9. Slainmonkey

The thing that intrigues me most is the description of the episode containing scenes of body horror, that at least implies that the bigger budget is definitely being put to use.

10. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Yeah it will be interesting to see how that comes across in the final edit, it's certainly not something we have seen before.

11. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

The episode does sound intriguing and the production quality this series sounds like it has stepped up

12. simulant37

Lister takes his shirt off?

13. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

14. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

The rest of you will find out next year ;-)

15. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Based on the set reports I've read, I'd guess that this could possibly be a Rimmer episode where he prehaps re-evaluates his life since the end of X with him finding out his father's true identity. It is mentioned that Chris does some green screen work and appears in several outfits, so perhaps he talked to past versions of himself, possibly in the S1/S6 outfits and even the Ace outfit. The Howard Goodall song too makes me think of the Munchkin Song from VII and we could have a new Rimmer song.

Will be interesting to see if any of this is accurate but either way, it does sound like a very interesting episode which I can't wait to see.

16. simulant37

You must have wet yourself seeing Chris in the flesh lol

17. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Nice review, Danielski. :-) Enjoyed the G&T review too. I'm feeling very positive about this series. And my previous concerns about the Starbug set have been eased somewhat too. :-)

18. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

I think we just need to trust them that they know what they're doing. I know recently its been slightly harder than usual based on recent Series, BUT lets judge them once we have seen the final product.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt!

19. Slainmonkey

Well the fact I'm here is because I'm giving it a chance, but at the same time I can't help but have my fears....Red Dwarf's a show I'm more invested in then most and as such I am more likely to worry about it.

20. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I was able to look at these this weekend. I don't know if anyone's already mentioned it, but the one with the Kryten mask going on/coming off, I reckon that Chris Barrie.