Red Dwarf XI Episode 6 Buzz!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jedshepherd, Dec 12, 2015.

1. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

You may think its early for this but we did get some hints on what the finale is going to be from Ray Peacock last night.

He mentioned that it is going to be an episode with a lot of cast members. (For those that were there, did he say "a lot of cast members coming back?" or just a lot of cast members?). Cat ark perhaps?

He also mentioned skutters, so I hope its the Bob standalone episode that I've written in my head.

Not sure I can make the finale, so look forward to any non spoilery treats!

2. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Doug has tweeted some interesting information about guest sets:
    Sounds impressive!

3. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

That's already sounding like a lot of fun, can't wait to see the series on TV.

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Coming back? series 8 crew?

i just keep thinking about the doug back and forth with jake wood on twitter

5. jedshepherd

Im not 100% sure of the "coming back" bit, so I would disregard it. He deffo said a lot of guest cast though. Which marries up nicely to the biggest guest set they've had. Could be anything but I don't want it to be the Series VIII crew, and I don't think it will be anything like that. It's more likely to be something new, which just needs a big set!

Or the Open All Hours crossover.

6. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I wouldn't be totally against the Series VIII crew returning for one episode as long as it's handled better than anything in Series VIII was. It probably won't be that though. I wonder if this will be the episode that the Dave competition winner will be an extra in?

I hope this episode is filmed with an end of series cliffhanger. It would be a wasted opportunity if not.

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Well people have been complaining for a while about no resolution to the series 8 cliffhanger so who knows

8. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Well, that's on the assumption it's definitely going to be the sixth episode of XI... which isn't a given!

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Watching Stoke me a clipper, I forgot how much I didn't like this episode

10. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

The pre-credits scene has some of the funniest stuff from S7 in it. It's not that bad an episode though. My view of S7 has changed in the years since it was broadcast. I like it a little better than before, but I still find that it resulted in a huge drop in quality from S4-6.

11. steveedster

steveedster Third Technician

hmmm looking at the Christmas tree on set, do we think one will be a 'Christmas special' of sorts ?

12. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I know not too many people appear to like it that much on here anyway but I really enjoy Stoke Me a Clipper. Though I wouldn't rate it quite as highly as say Tikka to Ride, to me it is a great final episode of series 7 that properly includes Rimmer as part of the main crew. I love the Ace Rimmer stuff and the artificial reality scenes as well as the Princess rescue scene which are all really funny comedy. There's some great action too. I always savour watching Stoke Me a Clipper before having to watch the rest of the (mostly) Rimmer-less series 7 episodes. Once Rimmer left for me the quality of 7 plummets.

But anyway this "episode 6" - if it is to be the final episode of series 11 - sounds very promising and exciting.

13. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Yuk! All that ace Rimmer stuff in Stoke me a clipper is horrible. Embarrassingly unfunny. Like a12 year old fans home made comic!

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I like the ace theme, the James Bond type opening and the attempt at an ambitious story but I think they ruined the ace Rimmer character which was so well done in dimension jump but it felt careless and silly in Stoke me a clipper

tikka to rise is actually my fave of series 7 while Stoke me a clipper is in my worst episode category

The rest of series 7 is not great but just okay

15. jedshepherd

Oh I really hope not. I posited on another thread that the boys could find Santa crash landed on a planetoid and help him deliver presents in Starbug. It would be my worst nightmare.

16. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Where is this Christmas Tree on the set?

17. jedshepherd

It was a photo posted a while ago. Its not directly related the episode 6 (as far as I know!)

18. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Ah ok thanks, I missed it.

19. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

20. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Haha like it.

Anyway I don't think any episode is likely to air at or around Christmas time.