Red Dwarf XI Episode 6 Buzz!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jedshepherd, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Me too :-) I doubt we'll ever get a RD musical ep but I'd love to see one. I think it could work...maybe. The songs would have to be at least up to the same standards as Tongue Tied and the Rimmer song though. A lister song could be interesting...so long as he doesn't play his guitar..unless it's a dream sequence. :-)

Anyway, musical talk aside I'm looking forward to reading the feedback from tonight's episode. Sounds like it could be pretty epic. :-)

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Someone who went to the recording has confirmed this is the Starbug cockpit

4. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

Its definitely Starbug, but it definitely looks kinda weird from that position! Its weird theyve been keeping it schtum and then UKTV CEO spoils the surprise a little! (still bloody awesome though)

5. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

It is Starbug and it looks awesome!

6. Freeborn

Ooh it has an integrated starbug screen as I'd hoped. I really like it. So much gadgetry and enough buttons to keep Kryten entertained for a lifetime. :-)

7. jedshepherd

The ANT E Set Report is the one I'm waiting for.

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Nice as it is, I wish they'd kept the style reminiscent of the old Starbug, although this is fine for another craft.

I know there were changes between series in the past, but there was a strong similarity in cockpit style. They added a couple chairs, sure, and I think another steering stick at some point, but the set was recognisable. This looks like a different craft altogether...

....BUT....

I'm basing this purely on the very little I've seen, of course. Which is two photos. Maybe it looks different on screen.

Don't get me wrong. This is not a deal breaker.

I actually didn't mind the change in Red Dwarf sets in X. Welcomed them in fact, but the fact it's such a huge ship, was a large part of that. I.e figured they had just moved to a different part of the ship. Starbug, though, is one small craft. I guess we could argue, this is a reconstructed Starbug created from the nanobots. I don't think we saw the inside of one of those vessels in Series VIII, did we? We saw the inside of the Dwarfers own starbug (before they wrecked it) and we saw the inside of a new ship, the Canary Transport vessel, and a Blue Midget. No new starbug though. Maybe this is based on the new higher-tech blueprints before the cutbacks, huh?

Yes I'm thinking about this too much.

9. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

While the change in design is something I feel could grow on me, I question the need for so much blue lighting.

10. Ant E

I see your point. It wasn't that distracting. Also think when it's graded in the edit, blue is quite a distinctive colour to change so it may look more green! The door was green if that helps haa

11. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Maybe that's what Starbug would have looked like before all the JMC cutbacks!......now I shall hang my head in shame for making a series 8 reference.

12. Ant E

[​IMG]

13. Freeborn

Works for me :-) I'm liking the new design personally, and love that they incorporated the revolving starbug on the screen.

That aside, here's the Gazpacho Soup report for anyone who may not have seen it yet.

And the G&T report is out now too. I've not read the latter yet but will do so now. :-)

14. jedshepherd

Tons of positivity all-round and I hope that good will carries on into XII.

#REDnaissance*?

*once again I am sorry.

15. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

It does sound like they've put a big effort in to this one which would be fitting for s series finale.

16. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

17. Freeborn

Ah, interesting. I wonder how they'll go about filming those last few scenes? Pre-record? Or try to make space for it during a series XII recording perhaps?

I'm surprised that they didn't just let the show go on as they did for a previous episode (didn't they keep filming episode 5 until 10:30?).

18. jedshepherd

thats fair enough. Those Kochanski scenes need to happen behind closed doors.

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Hopefully not, no rush doug, no rush

20. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Actually Jed, that is a point, 2 more scenes? Behind closed doors? Perhaps there is a secret that he wants to keep.