RDXI Red Dwarf XI: The Game

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by talkie3000, Sep 21, 2016.

1. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Red Dwarf XI: The Game is now up on the app store and and Itunes for £1.99 (currently)

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. HO HO HO I'M JMC

HO HO HO I'M JMC Deck Sergeant

Blimey! Based on the screenshots I'd seen, I thought this was just a shoot-'em-up with Starbug. But it looks like a proper game with walkabouts, puzzles and trivia.

Apologies if these screenshots have already been posted somewhere else - but I hadn't seen them, and I don't think it hurts to have them in this thread.

Screenshots (can't embed because they're too tall).

I'm impressed! No idea how good it is, but it's clearly more than a cheap tie-in. Some effort has gone into this, and the screenshots look great.

3. SweatyChimpBoy

SweatyChimpBoy Second Technician

Go it last night, its pretty impressive.
    Without adding any spoilers i will say it can get frustrating at times, with time based mini-games.

Will be interesting to see the updates with each episode.

4. HO HO HO I'M JMC

HO HO HO I'M JMC Deck Sergeant

I like frustrating games. No incentive to beat them otherwise.

I've always preferred games where you inch along, step by maddening step, so those where you just sort of float along dispatching baddies.

5. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Yeah the game is pretty difficult, the controls are abit weird at times also but i don't play many iphone,ipad games so maybe thats normal.

its certainly an ambitious game though.

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Its up for android also

7. Curryman

Curryman Deck Sergeant

Downloaded it yesterday. I've only taken a quick look, but it should be fun.

8. ausbrai

ausbrai Skutter

I can't find the game in the play store, how have others got it for android? I really want to try it out

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

10. ausbrai

ausbrai Skutter

Thanks! I sent myself that link and it allowed me to click through to the game on the play store but apparently my "device (Samsung Galaxy S7

11. FeeBeeBells

FeeBeeBells Deck Sergeant

I just purchased the game, does it have any spoilers for the new series? I don't want to accidently spoil episodes by playing the game.

12. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

it has spoilers for twentica if you haven't seen it yet

13. FeeBeeBells

FeeBeeBells Deck Sergeant

Glad I checked in, thanks for that. I don't like spoilers for certain things and Red Dwarf is certainly one of them. Now I'll have to avoid playing the game for a while. It's a little bit sucky I can get the game from the itunes store but don't have a legal way to watch episodes yet :P

14. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

G'AH! And of course there's just enough "new" material in it that I have to play it for the Encyclopedia addendum... =)

15. Stugleton

Stugleton Third Technician

I'm actually working on a "Let's Play" series for YouTube of this game. The first episode of which is already live, although it is literally just me going through the opening interface tutorial and occasionally rambling about Red Dwarf in general. I also have the next two or three episodes (minigames) recorded but want to take some time to edit and produce those properly as wasn't massively happy with the first one (or episode 00 I've labelled it). I wanted to do it as a blind playthrough but after recording everything I have up to this point I figured it's best to get to know this game for brevity's sake. Some sections I did spend a stupid amount of time getting through.

It is a little unintuitive at times, and frustrating in it's control. (Has anyone worked out how to get that 1st energy ball in all the on foot alleyway segments, the completionist in me wants it!)

When things are sorted I'll start a new thread to promote the videos but for now, if you find it you find it. It's only the menu UI up at the mo. The first couple of minigames should be done over the weekend.

16. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I put the new RD game on my iPhone, i'm quite enjoying it and have completed the 1st episode. The controls are a little tricky, time surfing the worm hole isn't easy. Outstanding value for 99p from iTunes. 8)

17. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Any word on when more episodes will be released? Or do you need to unlock them by getting x amount of points or whatever?

18. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

they haven't put the samsara part of the game up yet but yeah from what it sounds like you may have to complete Twentica before you can unlocke samsara.

19. sundayforsammy

I wonder when Samsara will be available, I had expected as each episode had aired on Dave the game episode release would follow next day, I see no Samsara yet.:?

20. sundayforsammy

The Samsara game episode is now out and ready to download.