Red Dwarf XI

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by newkemall, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

These are the Barb ratings of Back To Earth:

Part 1: 2,357,000
    Part 2: 1,238,000
    Part 3: 1,197,000

Let's see if Red Dwarf X can beat these. If so, I'm sure a series XI will be commissioned.

2. Heliosphan

Heliosphan Skutter

Well I for one second a Red Dwarf XI series after seeing Trojan.
    Unfortunately it seems it's very tough to get re-signed for a new series in this day and age, Mr Naylor may have his work cut out for him - how long did it take to get B2E and X signed, a long long time. The BBC clearly didn't bite, which I would have found quite odd if it weren't for the relative failure B2E was.

How do Dave gauge audience figures? I know Sky have an automated system but I for one don't plug my Sky box into the phone line for it to send out any of my viewing habits, or, god forbid, run up a phone bill. I wonder just how accurate the viewing figures are.
    Another factor nowadays is how many VHS/DVD/BluRays it sells over time, never a consideration in the past, even in VHS days. That's how Family Guy and other programmes came back in the US. Probably won't sell an awful lot of Red Dwarf X unfortunately as it's very UK.

I can definitely see this being a big hit with the modern student, I know I was massively into it when I was at College and Uni - the little tykes probably don't know how much of an honoured prestigious history RD has, or how far it goes back (Early 1988!)

LONG LIVE RED DWARF

3. ben996

ben996 First Technician

I think for a Red Dwarf 11 Doug has to get another writer to help him, not saying 7,8,9 and Trojan are bad just they seem to be missing something. Where as 1-6 are 100% good, 7-10(so far) are about 85% good, get another writer or two to come in and then a series 11 would be good by me