RDXII Red Dwarf Xii breaks UKTV Play viewing records!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by DivineVarod, Jan 3, 2018.

1. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

2. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Super! It's fantastic to see them breaking records two years in row.

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Thanks for posting this. The main thing that struck ME was this line : "Red Dwarf XII had a fifth more viewers (20%) for the 7-day preview versus the previous series." Sounds to me like R.D.XII hit it out of the park which only makes me smh at this durn "live show" wastage of time.
    As Craig said so well at the end of the "making of" doc. in the extras for XII's DVD "if we're going to get this done before we're all too old and fat and knackered (I think he said knackered) then we've got to get a wiggle on". Yeah he was talking about more series and I agree.

UltraDevotee likes this.
  4. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

As I have said in a previous post, BARB now correctly shows Skipper as being in the top 15 most watched programmes on the non-main channels with 0.8 million viewers and even more than M-Corp for its 28-day figure. So each episode of series 12 at least made the top 15 which is pretty alright really for a nigh on 30-year-old sci-fi sitcom which is no longer on one of the mainstream channels. Obviously if you add together the online views that that article you have linked mentions then each episode has been received not just critically well but recognised well too with reasonably decent viewing figures.

There must be, as expected a series 13 - maybe a series 14 too - as soon as possible and I agree with the above poster’s views regarding a “live” show. It might be funny but it’s inessential really and I would much rather the money and effort be concentrated on more new TV series than that before time runs out on RD.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  5. UltraDevotee

Another thing I thought was just worth mentioning is that the DVD/Blu-ray sales have remained in the top 50 TV chart for the past 7 weeks with a peak position of 5 during the first week which sounds reasonably good as well. Please roll on series 13...and maybe 14 too even at the same time again! Series 12 was another excellent series and deserves its success!

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. UltraDevotee

The series 12 DVD/Blu-ray remained on the TV chart in the UK for 9 weeks. Its peak position was number 5 and while the series 11 release reached number 3 as its highest position, series 12 remained on the chart for 2 weeks longer. That is surely quite decent for a programme that is on one of the digital channels and promising that it lasted longer.

Again I’ll say here’s hoping for a series 13 around the corner and in the meantime I will start my Red Dwarf marathon (watching all the 73 episodes and 12 series in chronological order for the first time in 3 long years to keep it fresh) in the Spring or Summer of this year. That should surely fulfill the phrase “tide me over” and all in the 30th anniversary year too! Can’t wait! Best television programme ever!

DivineVarod likes this.
  7. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator