Red Dwarf XII Episode 2 Buzz!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PFMC84, Feb 3, 2016.

1. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Recording this Friday. Anyone from the Forum going?

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Ohhhh, this is going to be the one where the boys do the full monty in front of a tribe of Gelfs!

3. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Argh! Series 8 callback to Kryten in the shower!

Worst. Episode. Ever.

4. Slainmonkey

No, Pete Part 2 is worse but Kytie TV is certainly one of the worst.

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Is it?!?

6. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

I'm going! But, on a standby ticket. If anyone's there super early, I'll be the one sitting all alone in the empty tent (hopefully), praying, with my fingers crossed, lol.

7. Slainmonkey

No, I made that up. I couldn't have got away with a spoiler that big anyway.

8. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

I'm hoping to get a standby ticket for tomorrow.

9. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Good luck standby people! Don't forget, go to the Lost In TV website first and sign into your account. Then, in another tab, open the twitter feed (here). Click the link when it appears (liberal use of the F5 key) and then, because you're already logged into your Lost In TV account, you should go straight through. Select the amount of tickets you want (1 or 2) and hope the Gods are smiling.

10. counting_sheep

Got the standby tickets :-D. I'm a bit confussed by the venue though as the ticket says BT Sport studios as the venue and then talks about Pinewood studios :?. I assume it is at Pinewood?

11. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

Congratulations! It's definitely at Pinewood Studios - I got that venue on my ticket too, then a corrected ticket that says Pinewood, along with an explanation.

12. counting_sheep

Yes I sent them an email and they said they had realised there mistake and sent out another email with correct details on.

13. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

Good luck getting in kevinpk! I'm sure you know to arrive as early as possible, for the best chance of success.

I arrived too late on a standby ticket last week, but they put me on a waiting list for a returned ticket for later shows, and I very luckily got one tonight.

14. counting_sheep

Just got back home, it was a really good episode :-D. Everyone on standby got in tonight and there was about half a dozen empty seats.

15. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Set report

Mixed reviews... And some idiots in the audience!

16. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Can you elaborate on what went on with the warm up guy?!

17. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Hmmm first negative set report I've seen, be interesting to see what the finished product is like.

18. counting_sheep

I didn't think the warm up guy was particually being heckled although the people shouting out were from the oposite side of the audience from where I was sitting so I couldn't really hear them. The warm up guy was hastleing one of the crew members which i didn't think was on as he should of let him get on with his job rather than constantly hastleing him.

It was a pity that only one scene done on the night could be seen in front of the audience and that was on the other side to where I was sitting so I could only see half of the set. They didn't use the set that was directly in front of me. The main set they used was just to the right of me and as i was on the end of the row they were almost within touching distance of me as they waited to walk onto the set. I also got to see the crew fix a prop which the guest star broke early on in that scene.

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

when i first started reading that set report i got Back to earth vibes from it with the talk of in jokes and it being bizarre even for red dwarf standards.

Obviously i hope that doesn't end up being the case.

20. AlexVS

AlexVS Third Technician

The heckling was all on the side in front of the guest set too, so you probably wouldn't have heard the worst of it. Repeatedly telling the warm up repeatedly that they hate them is beyond the pale

Also, I should restate as in the report that my reaction to the episode isn't negative, but I do find it difficult to make a balanced assessment for all the reasons mentioned in it. It's in no way a bad episode though. There's some genuinely great stuff in there.