Red Dwarf XII Episode 6 Buzz!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by talkie3000, Mar 2, 2016.

1. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Richard Naylor Twitter Post

Andrew Ellard Twitter Post

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Robert Llewellyn twitter post

3. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

4. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

God poor Chris and Robert both look really tired in these pictures.....those early morning shoots must be killing them.

5. Pendo

Pendo Second Officer Fan Club Team

Bobby accidentally shows something possibly spoilery as he first turns on his Periscope. Oopsie!

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I didn't notice that till now but yes infact 2 robotic spoilers ;p

7. DivineVarod

The gang today by Robert :-)

[​IMG]

8. Slainmonkey

I honestly will never get used to the sight of Danny with glasses, it makes the whole shape of his face look radically different!

9. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

They're recording it. Right now. And we're just sat here. Waiting for it to make it to TV.

If Red Dwarf ends after XII, tonight's the night they are recording the final ever episode. Weird.

10. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Best episode of Red Dwarf since series 6 in my opinion! Absolutely loved watching it and can't wait to see how it looks on transmission day!

Bag of surprises!

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

So wonderful to know now that two whole series of Red Dwarf have been filmed. Can't wait for them to appear on TV.

12. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

What Bluey said ^

Series XI and XII can't come along fast enough, and Gazpacho Soup already has a set report.

13. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

I so excited to watch it:-D

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Not gonna post a link to it incase its not allowed but someone took a picture of kryten by the side of the set on instagram, you can find it if you search red dwarf on there, or under the name lee_harpin

It reminds me abit of the robocop remake suit lol, its probably the most different costume i see kryten have, exclusing the series 2 to 3 transition

15. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the new Kryten costume but, at the end of the day, is it really going to spoil anyone's enjoyment? The main part of Kryten, as a visual character, is the mask anyway and I didn't notice any problems with that.

EDIT - though I did always hate the "shiny, silvery" costumes he had in series 7/8.

16. Slainmonkey

The actual mold of suit honestly doesn't bug me but it REALLY should be more black, honestly that's the big issue here for me. With that said I disliked the series X suit more which was just plain blotched around the neck and seemed way too top heavy.

17. DivineVarod

Very funny interview with Craig discussing new Red Dwarf, the cast and more here

18. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Even better than Tikka to Ride and ep. 3 of XII (some people thought was the funniest/best one) - that's high praise indeed! I am really looking forward to watching not just this but all of the two new series of material over the next couple of years. Apart from 1 ep. (Ep. 2 of XII I think) that got a mixed response all the other eps have been seen as even tighter than X and well received. With only 1 not so good one (though how do I know whether it is any good or not when I haven't seen it myself) out of 12 then it sounds like Doug has pulled it off though like I say we will all have to watch for ourselves later this year and in 2017 to see what we think. But it certainly sounds highly promising and bodes well especially as I enjoyed X very much and nearly all these episodes are seen as superior to the 2012 run.

I am really excited about watching the finished articles later this year and next year and it sounds like there is a good mix and balance of styles. But the ones that I am most excited about are episodes 5 and 6 of XI and 1, 3 and 6 of XII. But like I said all episodes apart from one have been well received so they should all be strong hopefully!

It sounds like Doug, Richard, Chris, Craig, Danny, Robert and all the cast and crew of Red Dwarf XI and XII have done us proud and I feel a congratulations are in order. Hopefully this can be the best couple of series since and maybe even including the glory years!

Can't wait til later this year!:-D

19. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

I think it's fair to say that the time Doug was given between X and XI/XII will have allowed him to put together some pretty good ideas for episodes, as well as work out what worked and what didn't in RDX. As well as the rest of the crew, of course.

Can't wait to see what it's like on TV - as an audience member (series XII, episode 1 if things are kept in the same order), it's weird to think that what looked like a pretty convincing spaceship corridor or other room suddenly ends just out of camera shot, and beyond that end are loads of crew people working, trying to get the right shots and get props in place and so on, and of course about 200+ audience members - literally a few feet sometimes from what you see on TV.

And yes, this should be the best looking 'Dwarf yet. Starbug is back and looking pretty cool. The bunk room looked lighter and more, well, neon to me (though my view was restricted). And the general consensus for all of XI and XII has been pretty darn good. The episode I saw was definitely more towards series 4/5 than X (nothing against RDX, but it didn't have the same feeling as the show in its heyday).

Although the Gazpacho Soup website does say that XII episode 6 would serve as a fitting end to both RDXII and Red Dwarf as a whole (much like The Beginning sorta did). If it did, would I complain? Probably not. I don't think I'd want Red Dwarf to go on forever.