RED DWARF XII NEWS

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Well, apparently it's not obvious to you, since you're calling your opinions "facts" and claiming they "prove" the show isn't good any more.

2. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

Ratings prove millions of people think red dwarf x is funny, and that simulant's sense of humour is knackered.

3. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

Danny John-Jules says he will be in Guadeloupe from May till Sept, so that might have a lot to do with it ...

4. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

After series 8 and BTE Dwarf x was a return to form for me, its on the right track again now.

5. Prime8

Prime8 Skutter

There was a time when no-one thought there would be a series 10, but that happened, so why not 11, 12, 13...150? Okay, 150 is probably a bit ambitious but I could see them getting to series 20.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think there's a good chance we'll see more. Considering the amount of time between series I suspect they'll have 3 more full series at the most. More likely 2, so the title of this thread may not be far off the mark.

I think XI is very likely and it will probably bring back Kochanski* thus starting to wind things down with one more series to finalize everything. (Although 'finalize' doesn't necessarily mean finding Earth and settling down.
    I do think they'll find Earth but it might not be home any more.)

*Spoiler:

She was originally going to appear at the end of Series X after all.

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

At nearly 25 years for the first 10 series, we could expect Red Dwarf CL to be aired sometime around 2435 AD. Even I'm willing to accept that the age of the original actors might be an issue by that point.

8. DivineVarod

9. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

AWESOME!!

I did think 2014 though...

10. DivineVarod

Hope so, but DJJ will be away for 6 months starting May ...

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Considering how long we've had to wait in the past 2015 isn't bad at all. Is it odd that the year still feels Science-fictiony to me despite only being less than two years from now?

12. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

It means they will have much more time now to get the episodes spot on too, means a better series.

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

the good thing about that is indeed that doug has enough time put together good scripts

worrying thing about that is if doug gets to many good ideas and shoves them all into the series so it becomes like fathers and suns and has 3 ideas going at once, which seemed to happen alot in series 10

14. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

I hope we get 8 episodes, its over to soon with 6, they did that with series 7 8 didnt really work though.

15. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

2015 ???
    That's just a long long time to wait for another series. I understand that it could be difficult to get the actors together at the same time due to other commitments, but in reality apart from craig Charles the others of are not that much on TV. I'm pretty disappointed, have GNP never heard of the saying "Strike while the irons hot" 3 years between series' probs means that would be the last. :-(

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I have to admit, I was hoping for something a bit sooner, but I'd say at this stage any news is good news. Does anyone have any idea if that means it's being shot in 2015 or aired in 2015 though? If it's not being filmed until 2015 we probably wont see anything on TV till 2016...

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Another long wait, but we Red Dwarf fans are used to those. I hope the series gets a bigger budget this time round.

18. Curryman

Curryman Deck Sergeant

January 2015 isn't so long a wait. ;-)

Seriously amazing news though.

19. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

I'm expecting something similar to what happened with series X, I can imagine that they'd start filming series XI in late 2014 and finish filming in early 2015 and then air later that same year.

20. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Wrong. Ratings prove "millions of people" watched RDX. . .not that they thought it was funny:roll:
    It started with 2.09m viewers and ended with 1.63m. . .8)