RED DWARF XII NEWS

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Awful lot of people taking a comment from a convention, reported by one blog, as gospel fact.

I mean, the article mentions that Lost In TV have set up a waiting list recently, which is just wrong: it's the old waiting list for Series X.

Don't be so hasty, basically! Get annoyed about however long the wait in when it's actually announced, eh?

2. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

It gave me food poisoning. . .:x

3. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

I hope it isn't that long because people say 2015 isn't long but when the actor's
    are in their 50's every year is an ageing process.

4. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

No worries my dear Grumpy. *shouts to the others* Where is Snow White when you need her?

Off to the mines with you!!!! :P

5. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

I feel sorry for whoever else has to share your bathroom:x

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

:lol:

7. simulant37

You DO NOT feel sorry. You are well jel!!8)

8. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Simmy once again it seems you know little about how ratings work, the show will never get as high rating as it did on BBC2. However these are the best ratings that the channel DAVE has ever had. I doubt the show wouldn't have gotten the views, nor would be getting as many positive DVD reviews if so many didn't find it funny. You seem to be blind to the fact that just because it didn't hit your funny bone that many jokes clearly had merit to others......opinions are bias by nature and I think you need to realize that.

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Why are people still bothering to argue with simulant37?

Ant E likes this.
  10. simulant37

I know little about how ratings work? Really? I "know" that a channel like Dave could never achieve the same viewing figures as a mainstream terrestrial channel. However I also "know" as demonstrated above that there was a drop in viewing figures!That is plain for all to see. . .& shows that RDX became less popular as the series progressed. FACT! :x

11. Slainmonkey

Most shows popular or otherwise always open strongest and slowly get less ratings as the series or season progresses......this happens to most all shows everywhere. Opener nearly always open strongest......after that people tend to get more of an attitude of "Oh I'll catch it later" which is made all the easier in these internet years where you can easy download a HD rip of it. Given all that the ratings remained impressive throughout.

12. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

He gets bonus points for chat room conversation. ;-)

13. AlexVS

AlexVS Third Technician

While I am aware of the pointlessness of trying to argue over this, I would like to point out to everyone else that almost all TV shows see a significant drop off over the course of a series. To say this is a reflection of their quality is often quite wide of the mark. In actual fact, Series X had a very low drop off in comparison to many other TV shows, so that's something to praise rather than criticise.

14. simulant37

"often". . .but not always! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x

15. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I'm listening sim :x:x:x:x:x

16. AlexVS

AlexVS Third Technician

No, not always, but then I never said that was the case. Besides which, as Series X had a surprisingly low audience drop off for a series of it's nature, this point is moot anyway. Simple fact is that there wasn't an audience drop off in reaction to the quality of the series as you described, as the drop off was lower than you'd expect for a sitcom to start with.

17. simulant37

But there is no basis for your argument, no facts. You may well be right but how do you know that there "wasn't an audience drop off in reaction to quality of the series"? I don't think another series is likely in the foreseeable future for many reasons. . .

18. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

You have zero viewing figures. What does that say about the quality of you?

19. Slainmonkey

Maybe some of the drop off would be for that reasons but that it's unlikely to be the main reason given how TV ratings tend to go. Having said that I have no idea how another series seems unlikely being that the new episodes where a ratings and critical success, given that I hardly thing the show will keel over and die because one man (namely you Simmy) didn't like it.

20. simulant37

Well obviously RD won't "keel over and die because one man (namely you Simmy) didn't like it". But it isn't just one man who "didn't like it" & it is rather absurd to suggest otherwise. Logistically the possibility of further RD seems slim, getting the cast together with their various commitments, getting scripts done, studio time etc. It will take a long long long time by which point they will all be too old!!! :roll: