RED DWARF XII NEWS

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I think you might wanna check your maths again. Besides that 2015 is a conservative estimate by the actors, I'm sure that Doug would want to and will try to have it sooner then that. If not then honestly we are lucky yo have it at all really. What's so bad about the actors being in their 50's anyway?

2. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

No he's not! :roll:

3. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

That Danny is pretty spry for a 60 year old

4. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

I have a good surgeon ;-)

5. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Or should it be "Last of the Recyce Wine" ;-)

6. simulant37

:lol:

7. dodgebizkit

Open your mouth Simulabt, I need to release some recyc :P

8. simulant37

Disgusting. Back to the gutter with you!!! :x

9. dodgebizkit

Thanks for inviting me round but I have plans, dear boy :-)

10. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

What's that in Cat years?

11. dodgebizkit

"Old" :-D

12. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

Doug Naylor is coming to Dimension Jump, maybe he'll reveal more?

13. Seymour_Clufley

Seymour_Clufley First Technician

I think RDXI, and probably RDXII, will happen, not because they deserve to happen (judging by RDX) but simply because RDX was popular enough to commercially justify it.

14. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Ahh come on ! RDX was great. There was the odd lemon in there (pardon the pun) but overall it was quite a near return to top form.

15. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Well my American gal and her sons seem to be pretty impressed with series X so far (they've seen the first 2 ep's so far). Seems to be a hit in their household, which I'm pleased about.

And guess what, not one complaint from the young un's about the ageing cast. :-)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Doug may expand upon the awesomeness that was (in my opinion) RDX.

I'm not saying it was perfect, but I for one am feeling very positive about the foreseeable future of Red Dwarf. :-D

16. shireknight

shireknight Third Technician

Lets hope Dave don't use repeat viewing figures as a guide for the viability of future series because lets be honest I very much doubt there are Red Dwarf fans out there anymore who don't own copies of all the episodes in some form or another.

I tuned in to Dave to watch the initial screenings of Back to Earth and Series X however I haven't watched them on Dave since or any of the classic episodes because I have all the DVD's and prefer to watch them without advert breaks.

17. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i think red dwarf does quite well on repeated viewings, it must do because dave sure repeat it more then most shows

18. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

Some shows are naturally better off being seen on a regular basis with all episodes being viewed chronologically and as a regular part of a routine which people may structure their evening around. A lot of shows however, especially ones with very dense content and relatively few episodes or stories etc, are better off being viewed on occasion as a treat or nostalgic ritual; I personally find watching a Red Dwarf episode to be a fun and unique occasion which is worth a long wait between series or even infrequent repeats or viewings of previous series. Even though I pride myself on being an avid Red Dwarf fan it is hardly a normal part of my weekly routine, as I find watching Red Dwarf is a far more joyous and fantastical experience when it is only occasionally done. If I watch things like Red Dwarf too often I find myself constantly analysing everything onscreen and being unable to stop thinking about the petty things which don't matter to normal viewers, when I watch them less regularly I better appreciate the things that matter, the story, characters, and humor! Contrary to how I see Doctor Who, which I always watch two or three episodes (some classic Tom Baker episodes on DVD and others Matt Smith or Tennant repeats) on a weekly basis, as I think that show is better viewed more regularly that way. So on reflection it is quite unique and all the more rewarding when there is a long time between each new series and only occasional repeats.

19. Robert26

Robert26 Second Technician

If we get Red Dwarf 12 then we can easily divide the series into 1-6 then 7-12. Maybe they can be two seperate boxsets. I wonder what would sell more???

20. a1ph4riu5

a1ph4riu5 Third Technician

I totally agree. If Doug Naylor can write a Red Dwarf XI, that is at least to the standard of Red Dwarf X, I think it's totally worth making another series! :-D

When Series 7 and 8 were first on the TV, I really wanted to like them, but I knew they weren't very good. Compared to the first 6 series anyway, because even 7 and 8 have their good bits. But if we were talking about whether Red Dwarf should continue after those two series, I'd probably have said no. It seemed like Doug wasn't capable of the old magic anymore, for whatever reason.

But Red Dwarf X is just a good series, full stop. :-D I wouldn't even say it's outrageously funny, actually. But it's got a certain charm to it, that I can't quite explain. It's like a feel-good factor, that was missing after series 6. So I definitely think more Red Dwarf is justified, because Doug has shown that he hasn't run out of ideas, and that it is possible to recreate the feel of the older shows. :-)