rise and not so shiny?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jun 10, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

What was the first thing you thought about when you awoke this morning, for longer than three seconds that is?

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

That you should change that offensive avatar.

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I was probably thinking that the dream I was having about the first episode of season 7 of Game of Thrones was bizarre. But then dreams usually are.

4. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

I was thinking... what a shame, that xenophobia is back in the mainstream of British thought. And hoping that people at the other end of the political spectrum would put their views forward in a thoughtful way, rather than shouting angry slogans - as if warming up for (or inciting) confrontation.

Crossing my fingers that no one who wanted to limit future immigration would be militant enough to call for the forced expulsion of people who already got here, legally, and built lives or started families in the UK. Or - if that was too much to wish for - that such views would remain socially unacceptable?

Hoping that recent decades of progress would protect us from the worst of it, even as we took some backwards steps.

Basically, hoping that I wouldn't go to the forum for a British sci-fi sitcom, and find a cartoon of a racist rally as someone's avatar.

Usual morning thoughts, really.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  5. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I have nothing to add, but this is a great post.