Robert Llewellyn's new Red Dwarf series blog post

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by GuffyGuy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

I'm going to have to call bullcrap on this one. Unless you can provide a link (then I'll eat my own feet).

2. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

Oh yeah with Dick Chiany to play the Cat hehe

Yeah E Yeah YEEEEE

:-)

3. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Apparently Mac Macdonald isn't available for the new series so Gordon Brown has applied for the captains job.

4. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

The party was just the Dave TV christmas party according to Doug's Twitter, so probably not much discussion of the future of RD......still, an invite in the first place has to be a positive sign!

5. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I don't know... get an important exec or two so drunk so that they can't remember a thing the next day, then show up the next morning with your entire crew ready to film claiming 'you told us it would be fine last night'.

That sort of thing works for Don Draper in Mad Men. I presume it would work in real life :-)

6. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Hell, with the right level of alcohol, you could even obtain a signed contract and cheque!!

7. GuffyGuy

GuffyGuy Second Technician

Vampire D wrote:

I'm a bit confused.

It's not been THAT long since Back to Earth and according to Llewellyn Doug Naylor's just working on the new scripts. That's not a quick process, and i'm glad he's taking his time over it. Sure, there may be unforeseen hiccups ahead like funding, shooting schedule etcetera but as far as I can tell this new series is no where near that far into production. For all we know everything is proceeding to plan. Why are you guys so negative? I mean, i'm just waiting for Naylor to finish writing the scripts then we'll see what happens next.

Darren Singleton wrote:

I'm starting to seriously doubt that this will happen now. Many other series seem to be able to sort cast availability out etc. No official announcement, only rumours, it doesnt bode well.

JMC2000 wrote:

Basically, the reason people on these forums are being negative is because it looks like the future of Red Dwarf on Dave is less assured then previously assumed. If you think it's a done deal, then unless something happened in secret in literally the last few weeks, then you're wrong
    Sorry Vamp.

Ah...smug mode! ;-)