Season 8 end/cliffhanger

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by BrandoTech, Jul 1, 2016.

1. BrandoTech

BrandoTech Skutter

I just watched "only the good" last night and came up with a possible way the crew could have survived. Now I know not everything was exactly opposite in the mirror universe so there is a possibility that the time wand was not destroyed leaving a world of possibilities for escape and Rimmer had to have died to be a hologram again, but hey who wouldn't after giving death "a swift knee to the happy sacks".
    I know using the time wand feels a bit like cheating but it's the best I have so far.

2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Umm hi who are you?

Welcome, like...

3. BrandoTech

BrandoTech Skutter

Not quite sure how to respond to that comment however I should have said I watched that episode "again" I've been a huge fan of the show for a long time and one of the surprisingly few fans in America, so much so that I'm hoping to make a fan fiction episode set between season two and three that will bridge the gap.

4. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Hello, welcome to the forum (I'd just ignore the above comment if I were you!). It's nice to hear that Red Dwarf has American fans even if they are few and far between. :-)

5. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Welcome to the forum Brando.

6. BrandoTech

BrandoTech Skutter

I was a bit worried for a minute, I didn't think it was that bad of a post.
    There are very few fans over here and I tell many people that I meet about the show.
    Extremely excited about the new seasons as well, September can't get here soon enough.
    I am curious if someday we may see some scenes from the movie they were working on, probably as some bonus content on a Blu-ray I'm sure.

7. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I've actually just finished up my own 11,000 word fan-fic about the events directly following Series VIII, which addresses several questions from throughout the show. I'll be posting a link to it as soon as it's back from the editor.

8. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

When?!!!

9. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I'm having a few people quality-check it, then next week the editor will run through quickly. So hopefully the end of next week at the latest.

10. Stephen

Stephen Guest

As fan fics go its pretty damn decent!

11. mychemicaldwarf

mychemicaldwarf Second Technician

I try to forget series VIII exists. Can't even remember how it ends. I remember thinking series VII was poor when it first aired, but VIII was on a whole new level of facepalm. It nearly makes VII look brilliant in comparison. It's amazing the series didn't completely kill off the show, it nearly did.