Series 10!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SimplePlan2k8, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

I hope that's not intended to downput us newbies... years from now we too may be the old order!

2. steven87gill

steven87gill Second Technician

This is great news, nice to see Red Dwarf is back on the map like this, looking forward to more news. Roll on series 10.

BTW nice to see all this ''will it be called series 9 or 10'' silliness has been put to bed since it's actually come from the horses mouth so to speak.

3. steven87gill

Hmm, that's not good, it's reposted 7 times. Please, no newbie jokes! But seriously, who cares? We actually have a new series of red dwarf coming.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

No, we all love the newbies.

They're good with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Terrible echo in this thread.

6. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Heh hoh heh hoh.....YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they'll use my DVD cover art?

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Incredibly ironic if you read the message, or was that intentional?

8. stevenrankin

stevenrankin Third Technician

Only scripts commisoned, thats the normal way in tv land, but does that mean all the actors have signed on, as bobby announcened it on twitter i assume he's ready for it, but what about chris,craig and danny, and chloe(i like her please dnt reply about me including her) will the kind people at corrie let craig off again, for longer, which affects is other on-screen characters and storylines. The rest of them have the time i think but it's if they want to. I've always liked dougs writing but will there be any other writers, whether there is or isn't it doesn't matter to me. and i dnt care what series number it is, it's still new eps , I just hope they put each ep in a 45 minute slot so we get our old duration of episodes, but the dave people still get there ads, which is how they run the channel. another question, It's defo dave that's commisoned it. I dnt care really, Dave proved they are a good home of red dwarf with bte so no worrys there. I just hope they get a bit more money , and i hope it's not the last series i belive red dwarf can last for years, I would say at least to a series 14 then i would call it end or do a movie , but bring back the live audicenece it's more red dwarfy, but then again I think it works well with and without it. This is Steven Signing off

P.s I vist the forum every week i just dnt post all the time for those who may think you've got the start of the newbies

9. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

FAN-SMEGGIN-TASTIC !!! :-) after being stuck in bed with the flu and wishing i was at the DJ, this is just the pick me up i needed...bit confused about the whole series 10 thing though ? i thought we had established long ago that it was just a BTE in-joke ? oh well, not that the numbering really makes much of a difference...well apart from the very geeky fact that i have made up a temporary dvd cover that states 'series 9 - coming soon !' :-)
    im also guessing that those of us who couldnt go this year will now definatly get a chance to go to the convention nexed year!
    dont know what else to say but WOOOOHOOO!:-):-)

10. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

This is great news, nice to see Red Dwarf is back on the map like this, looking forward to more news. Roll on series 10.

BTW nice to see all this ''will it be called series 9 or 10'' silliness has been put to bed since it's actually come from the horses mouth so to speak.

11. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

While Lister and co went through all the things described to have happened in the time after Series VIII, the notion that those events are part if any actual season was strictly a hallucination. There has been no Series 9 or 10, merely off-screen action, just like any other unseen action. (The Pan-Dimensional Liquid Beast, say, is mentioned, but we don't think of that as a lost episode of Series VI.)

Just to clarify, also, that this series has NO announced numeral as yet. Fans are guessing at Series X, but that wasn't any part of the statement.

12. steven87gill

Good news

Sorry about reposting 7 times, i'm exposing my lack of knowlege about threads there :roll:

Anyways great news about Red Dwarf. TBH I'm glad that the series 10 thing was just speculation, i think it would feel like too much of an 'in joke'

13. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

I still think it will be called Series X, as an in-joke but also because of BTE. It is effectively Series IX

14. paddy_dwarfer

paddy_dwarfer Third Technician

this is excellent news . i'm sorry i missed demension jump.

15. voo7hees

voo7hees Third Technician

thats great news but does that mean that my dvds will go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,back to earth,10,
    well i wish the new season was season 9

16. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Hi Steve.
    They said they'll start filming late next year, so I'd imagine all the main cast are on board. I don't know about Chloe. I suspect if she appears it will be near the end of the series considering what we learned about her in BtE. I like her character too and it would be great to see her but I think her role as 'she who must be attained' is more interesting as a background story arc for the series.

As for the series numbering... if we wanted to keep to the 'in-joke' it should be series XI rather than X surely? (There being 2 series of life in the Squid dream rather than just the 1.) I'm not suggesting they do that though, it would be just too confusing and make too much of an in-world gag.

Series X does make logical sense for another reasons though. BtE wasn't called 'Series IX' but it is logically a ninth series (well mini-series really.) I-VIII, Bte, IX makes sense to me. Still, I don't mind the idea of dropping the numbering and going with a title instead.

17. CaptnDan

CaptnDan Third Technician

Cheers Andrew.... for both clarifications! Tis good to have the official word on it all! Tis hard, I only exist as the result of the crew`s hallucinations after all :-p

18. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

I know we've only had word of the scripts being commisioned and its going through UKTV AKA Dave so the budget won't be all it could be but if theres one thing that NEEDS to happen for this new series is a STUDIO AUDIENCE.

The cast feeds off the audience and it always adds to comedy.
    Its what series 7 lacked and it was the biggest complaint from BTE.

But really looking forward to it...it can't come quick enough

19. Vulnax

Vulnax Skutter

I was There!!

Andrew read out the text, then got a barage of questions about the new series... after telling us he had no other info on the new series! :lol:

Series naming - left unstated, but as above IX & X just referred to in BTE so could be ... I'd suggest 9.5 for now!

6 Episodes, filmed in 2010, probably out late / Q4 2010? On Dave. Obviously.

When the main cast were asked about it they professed surprise - either of the info or that we knew of it! .. that's why they are actors?

All stated their interest until RD ends ... so Craig, Chris, Robert, Danny, and Chloe and Hattie if there roles are reprised were keen to do more RD. Which is nice. I heard that Doug is quite keen for model work in the new series, but as yet no confirmation that the FX guys will be involved, but it's likely they will talk to Doug etc.

Couple of times the DJ attendees were asked if they preferred filming with a live audience ( even if we couldn't go ) and response was YES! Hope that influences it, but was stated audience attendance costs money... and budget may be tight ( yet again! ).

SO keep an ear on the grapevine / eye on the web ....

Neil

Great DJ by the way!

ignore me spelling edits!

20. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

I posed the question to Craig at DJ if he'd prefer the audience back for the new series, though he said he would, he said that in this technological era, he didn't know how it would be possible to have a live audience and not have the story immediately appear on the internet.
    I'd hate to know what was going to happen in advance, all the BTE speculation was bad enough.