series 8 - only the good to dave specials

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by wibblywobbly, Apr 9, 2009.

1. wibblywobbly

wibblywobbly Skutter

hi. does anyone have any idea how the dwarfers came back after what happened in only the good in series 8 ? ( i hope someone replies, :? )

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

No. Hopefully the specials will throw some light on this. On the other hand they might just concentrate on the current story and leave that alone. If they do the latter, I'll accept it. I hope they give us some explanation though even if it's just a passing comment.

3. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

Yeah, hopefully get a bit of a bridge between the series. I'm mainly interested as to how Rimmer becomes a hologram again. I mean, surely, seeing as Kochanski is dead, wouldn't Lister have resurrected her? There must be some reasoning here, hopefully we'll get a quick explanation!

4. teeheehoddleha

teeheehoddleha Third Technician

The Series VII-VIII Kochanski was from another dimension and didn't bring her hologram discs with her. The original Kochanski was not recreated by the nanos, and her hologram disc, as far as we know - was still hidden by Rimmer on the old Red Dwarf that got turned into a planet.

Don't know how they resurrect Arnie. I'm really hoping it's the original Rimmer back, but I'm guessing it won't be.

5. Bewareofthephil

Bewareofthephil Third Technician

Well, thanks to sci-fi's fondness for multiple timelines, this could potentially be set as an alternative route any time from around series 3 onwards. Series 5 if Rimmer has his hard light drive installed.

The Dead Rimmer + Empty Dwarf + No Kochanski seems to equate to an either pre-series-6 timeline. Perhaps these are the events that would have occured if Red Dwarf had never been lost at the start of series 6. Just my thoughts.

6. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Pre series VI though means no hard light drive that they got from Legion.

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Spoiler: [ Kochanski has died though. And it can't be the original Kochanski who died in the accident as it's still a fairly fresh wound for Lister. That means it is post series 7 at least. ]

8. Stalfos

Stalfos Third Technician

I'll be annoyed if they just make us guess what happened between Only the Good and Back to Earth. Isn't it confirmed that this takes place 9 years after the events of series 8? We know that Kohchanski's dead, but I want to know how she died (assuming what we've heard is true). Also I'm intrigued about Rimmer. Is it series 8 Rimmer revived as a hologram (which it hopefully isn't)? Is it the original Rimmer back from his duties as Ace? It will be really annoying if they say "here's Rimmer" and then just leave it at that. Hopefully it will be all explained sometime in BTE or throughout the course of the programme.