Series 9 explanation...anyone? (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by funky1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Most likely just misread the original message. However, it was not directly solely at you so has the added benefit of being able to be read by anyone else who may wish to be... left more confused by the rambling nature of it.

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

To be fair i think it can be a little confusing for those who are not quite as immersed in the show and it's stylings as most of us are.

Many hardened fans had these discussions - Confusions about whether series 9 and10 would be "missed out" or not. Although admittedly most 'got it' after part 3 was aired. But i can still see how it may be confusing to some, namely those who watch Dwarf mostly for the comedy, as opposed to the sci-fi/metaphysical etc elements. Especially if they have only seen it the once...Although, yeah it should be pretty clear after seeing the whole piece really, but hay ho.

3. wedgels

wedgels Skutter

As long as it isn't as bad as the mind-meltingly poor series 7 and 8 - I don't care how they explain it. Would be ace to just carry on where series 6 left off and simply just pretend 7 and 8 (and the Dave specials) never happened.

Series 1 to 6 were just perfect. I am still at a loss as to what went wrong. Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes. Good to hear they are having a real audience - filmising it just makes the audience less connected to the characters.

Also - please please please no Chloe Annette.

4. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

5. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Whatever they call it, the new series is only series 10 if the back to earth specials are counted as series 9.

Whatever the name of the show, this is the 9th full series. But the Naked Gun sequels were 2 and a half and 33 and a third, so this will be called Red Dwarf X, but I still think of it as the 9th series.

6. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I think the official viewpoint is that BtE now represents Series 9.

However, I personally prefer to think of BtE as a single entity feature length single episode. I think splitting it into 3 parts was detrimental to the overall Easter special. I just prefer to think of BtE is a stand alone episode and that Series 9 just doesn't exist. I can't think of it any other way...Bbesides, not actually having a series 9 is funny. Well, I think so...

7. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Well, if you were the big massive red dwarf you claim to be, you would know BTE is considered series 9.