Series X: What do you NOT want to see?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by crundy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Agreed! For me, classic Dwarf is series 1-6. Everything after that was sub-standard, even if there was some decent moments mixed in with the dross. Series 7-8 and BTE all suffered from their own unique flaws, but the one thing they all have in common was they lacked the crisp writing, acting that was OTT just enough to be hilarious, and not so much that it was cringe inducing as it so often was post series 6, and the warmth of the characters'/plots that made the first 6 series' such a delight.

So going with that, I definitely don't want to see Kochanski back in series X. Although not for the sexist reasons given earlier in this thread. Whilst I agree that actual jokes/plotlines from earlier series' shouldn't be recycled. the essence of what made those first 6 series' so great must be recaptured I feel, in order for Red Dwarf to return to it's former glory.

2. 57194q

57194q Guest

i difinatly do not want to see that tardis table fromb back to earth again

dr who steals from us not the othetr way round

3. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Except from the self-loathing beast from 'Terrorform' being based on designs from the Doctor Who story 'Battlefield'. And the TARDIS appearing in a model shot in 'Demons and Angels'.

4. 57194q

57194q Guest

when did the tardis apear in a model shot?!?!?!

5. SoundableObject

6. 57194q

57194q Guest

my school's blocked it:-(

7. darthjimscott4th

darthjimscott4th Skutter

What do I not want to see in Red Dwarf?

That's easy, a gay Chinese man reciting mid 19th century love poetry to a half eaten cybernetic watermelon while wearing orange pants with green socks!

That I absolutely do not want to see! Ever! It's horrible!

Now if you replace the green socks on him with purple ones that would make it way more acceptable and proper.

Cheers!

8. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

:lol:

9. DespairSquid8

DespairSquid8 Second Technician

What a bizzarre, bizzarre thread...

I want to see it all...

Why is Dwarf better than Star Trek... because Star Trek can't do a Tongue tied dance sequence...

Star Trek finds it uncomfortable to go anywhere anytime

But us Brits (Dr.Who & Dwarf) delight in going to where it's uncomfortable.

What do I not want to see in series x... the series getting tied down and formularic by avoiding peoples pet peeves... let's go everywhere... Margerate Thatchers underwear draw if nessascary!!!!!

10. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

This is a fair point...

...apart from that bit. Red Dwarf has never played it safe.

11. SoundableObject

Dwarf is better than Star Trek but I do not think that is fair. They had Data do a quite a bit of dancing in the TNG episode 'Data's Day' and he sung a song for Riker and Troi's wedding in Star Trek X.

And Deep Space Nine was hardly afraid of going into different places, ironic for the show set on a Space Station. They had an episode were one character got a sex change in order to fool an investor who owns a drinks company (not a popular episode, I should add), they did a lot of hard on comedy episodes (mostly with the Ferengi) which was really out there for Star Trek (which may have done comedy occasionally, but not comedy episodes (though Star Trek IV...).

12. 57194q

57194q Guest

if i could ask douge naylor to put in any one gag it would be a beer milkshake.

in fact dose anyone know his email adress

13. DespairSquid8

DespairSquid8 Second Technician

Quite right that I wasn't entirely fair about Trek... i'm quite the closet Trekkie truth be known :-)