Series XI confirmed with dates?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Stephen, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

*un-shrug* I think you miss understand my wordings, I do understand what he is saying, and I also realise he is bound not to say officially any officialdom info until he is able to. I also understand what else is being said,
    But yeah, Hey ho

2. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Good, so we agree then :-)

Apart from *un-shrug*. That's probably something from Backwards world. ;-)

3. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I'm not saying the dates are wrong. If that's what's being arranged with the cast, it's what's being arranged. My point is that, despite how many people are choosing to take this, the fact that the wheels are starting to turn does categorically not mean a series is officially commissioned.

No, the site isn't kept up to date with the ins-and-outs of the pre-production process (if such a thing is going on at the moment - I honestly don't know either way, that's the point!) But we will be among the first places to be told when the series officially enters production. Because things are announced a certain way, to a certain schedule, and we are a part of that. It doesn't mean we're "slow". It means that when you hear something from us, you know it's actually locked down.

4. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

I think you explained it pretty well here - GNP are checking availability - so those vague dates announced as OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION!!!!1! by random blog are by clearly no means set in stone. Checking availability is not confirmation.

Remember when the cast had read-throughs and potential shooting dates for the Red Dwarf movie? Wasn't that movie awesome? Oh wait... :? GNP haven't even announced that the series has been commissioned yet and according to Doug's twitter, he hasn't finished writing the episodes. All we know from this whole thing is the vague dates that they're *hoping* to start shooting. That's not actually news, if anything concrete was happening TOS would have mentioned it as they did with X and BTE.

5. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Craig Charles was on Lorraine this morning talking about Corrie, but did say in the interview that "There's a few things towards the end of the year that we'll be filming that we can't really talk about yet".

Wonder what that is, eh....? :P

6. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

*shrugs shoulders*

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

More Corrie perhaps? :P

8. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Yeah, must be :roll: ;-)

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's actually the new series of Captain Butler.

10. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

The sentence before that was "ITV are very good at letting me off to film other things" or something to that effect, so it isn't more Corrie....! :lol:

11. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

has he moved on to Eastenders then?

:shock: :-D

12. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

It's his new show for the History Channel,

"Craig Charles loves King Charles.

The irrepressible scouse actor best known for Red Dwarf & Coronation Street explores his hitherto unrevealed passion for his historical majestic namesakes.

In his own unique style employing sketches, humour & song he investigates the reigns of his favourite Royal Charlies! Beginning with Charles I, Holy Roman Emperor (aka Charlemagne) Craig entertains & enlightens audiences in equal measure with a mix of fun facts & serious scrutiny. This 27 part series culminates with an irreverent look at Charles, Prince of Wales!

Coming to The History Channel spring 2015."

13. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

You know, I almost believed that for a second there....! :lol:

14. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

On Twitter Doug was asking a fan about how much a telescope was in the 19th century. So looks like it might be another episode in XI where they are sent back in time to Earth do you think? And he said earlier in the year that he would get back to writing RD XI in May. But please keep the humour of Lemons if it is an episode like that in XI but ensure there are no plot holes and blatant historical inaccuracies again. Also the time travelling needs to be more sophisticated than the flat-pack assembly journey back in time in Lemons which made no sense.

15. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I think it's just for a gag rather than an episode plot. Doug later tweeted to someone "Someone is moaning bout people who give your change back on top of a receipt + what a pain that musta been 4 Lord Nelson."

16. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

or you could just attempt to enjoy it as a comedy/ entertaining programme rather than freeze framing the show every time an historical reference is made and cross referencing it on Wikipedia... YAWN!!!:x

17. UltraDevotee

True, but the first six series as well as some of the 7 and 8 episodes did not have painfully obvious plot holes or historical inaccuracies. Think about how well Gunmen, Backwards, Tikka to Ride flowed and then in Lemons you get them travelling in all those days through ancient Earth and before that them just materialising on Earth with no understanding of how they were transported back in time to Earth.

Don't get me wrong I do like Lemons (and even Dear Dave which for me has some of the funniest dialogue), I would give it a 7 out of 10 but it could have been so much better if there hadn't been the plot holes. Still I think the plot holes might have been down to them not being able to afford more Earth sets but still the fact they travelled the ancient Earth unscathed and unharmed is crazy IMHO.

Apologies in advance for going off topic BTW.

18. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

Let me throw this in here!

Robert Llewellyn (@bobbyllew)
    5/4/14, 10:33 AM
    RT @DougRDNaylor: 'I've killed Lloyd' screams Steve McDonald in Corrie.' Fingers crossed :-)
    Massive LOL

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

20. UltraDevotee

That's not the same production company that produced Over to Bill is it? I think it is...please may XI be of much better quality than that. But going on RD series X being a return to form, surely XI can be a much better effort than Over to Bill.

Regarding the updates on XI, surely the official announcement (not just speculation) of XI's commission might happen at Dimension Jump this year. If not it must be getting the actors free to film RD at the same time that must be the problem.