Series XI confirmed with dates?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Stephen, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

There is no Dimension Jump this year so it won't get announced there ;-)

2. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I think it is :eek:

3. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

It comes to something when you have to rely on some local YouTube reporter to get information out to the fans yet all this website can offer at present is "news" on back to earth one year on (ironically written by a former member of G&T, the fansite who totally slated it) and info on Over to Bill which doug had tweeted weeks before.

Sort it out rd.co.uk - this is ridiculous! :x:x:x:x

4. SgtSmileyUK

SgtSmileyUK Console Officer

5. Ant the Dragon

6. SgtSmileyUK

SgtSmileyUK Console Officer

:?:

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

:? All that's saying from Clare Grogan is that she thinks if she was to be cast as Kochanski again then she probably would have been approached by now. I don't think at this stage anyone would seriously expect to see Grogan back as Kochanski (A role she last played very briefly twenty years ago now) and the article, short as it is, neither confirms nor for that matter refutes anything else at all to do with RDXI including whether it's even happening or not.

Is this the confirmation? No, absolutely not.

8. Strat-tastic

You have to admit though that the last line is rather intriguing!

9. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

They're wrong about the first part (Whether you like it or not, Back to Earth aired in 2009), if they can't get that right I wouldn't put too much faith in the second. ;-)

10. Ant the Dragon

Either way, expect to hear it somewhere else first other than HERE!:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

11. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Gosh, it's almost as if unofficial outlets can report on things before they're actually confirmed, whereas official outlets have to wait for actual confirmation and actual commissioning of things.

Why hasn't the BBC's Doctor Who website updated with all the series 8 episode titles yet? Other places are talking about them, it's just slack!

Why haven't Lucasfilm announced who everyone is playing in the new Star Wars film? It's being discussed all over the internet.

Why haven't Liverpool confirmed that they're signing Adam Lallana? I read it in an online report, so it must be definitely happening.

12. Strat-tastic

Good spot! I missed that :-)

13. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I enjoyed that vid. Thanks for sharing. :-)

14. Ant the Dragon

Jeez, chill your boots grumpy. :x:x
    Is Danny (who said it is being made next year and by Steve Coogan's production company) not "official" then?

15. Hesperus

Hesperus Third Technician

Chris Barrie is clearly getting as cross as Mr Flibble about series XI if you read his website!

16. misterjohnsparks

misterjohnsparks Third Technician

Yep, where has this to say:

"2014 may of course be a year in which a further series of Red Dwarf is produced and I for one have encouraged Doug Naylor to push for making RDXI THIS year. Otherwise any semblance of momentum produced by RDX will just evaporate…"

I think Chris here sums up fans' concerns well. While it may seem like we're sometimes unreasonably impatient, it's only because we love what we've gotten and want to watch and pay for more!

17. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I'n a word, no. He's an actor who is contracted to work for whatever production company pays him. He's not the voice of Red Dwarf.
    You have to understand the huge logistics of trying to make even an Episode of Red Dwarf, let alone a Series. Until everything is set in place down to the last signature it's not official. You can take sentences out of context and make them fit, but at the end of the day it's not 100% true. Only when the legality of the information is correct, we will know.

18. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

What James said.

Also, to pick up on an earlier point, and to explain why I was perhaps so grumpy in my response: G&T did not "totally slate" Back to Earth when I was working on it. Some members of the team liked it, some members of the team didn't, but I was always very firmly one of the former. Go back and check.

19. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I watched the first half of the "We're Smegged" documentary the other night, and apparently the cast were only officially signed for series X in September of that year (the filming beginning in October). So I wouldn't be surprised if we get the official announcement quite close to the recording dates again.

Speaking of which, when was the official announcement last time? Yes, I know I could've checked this before posting this...but I didn't. :P

Edit: I'm having trouble with the search feature for some reason. Was this the official confirmation? Or was it a few days before this?

20. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Richard Naylor tweeted this morning that it was a big week in which they would find out whether three shows/series were happening.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted the info if it is about another show...but could that be about RD XI?

If it is the crimson one please may there be a full six episode series and not three shows. Series X was a success and received well so please a full 6 episode series whereas BtE only had three episodes and they were poor.

Fingers crossed as the replies say if it is RD. But surely Dave would be keen to do a new series XI given the success and good critical reception of X. Also, why possibly only three episodes? I don't want 8 because the quality of series 7/8 came down in the other four weaker shows but three is not enough.

Also the most important thing is the tone of how it is written possibly implies that it may not even go ahead.:-(