Series XI / XII Hopes and Wishes

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by OurJud, Jul 17, 2016.

1. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Precisely. I don't want it to devolve into Last Of The Summer Wine. And they'll start running out of ideas at some point anyway.

I did always wonder if that was why they did 12 episodes for this new run (well, two series) rather than just doing 6 episodes - so Doug could try to squeeze more out of Red Dwarf whilst there's time.

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

According to doug it was for budget reasons that we got 2 series back to back, it was UKTV's idea which doug agreed too but once he realised he would have to write 12 episodes he wished he just said to make 6 episodes

I think it does get more difficult as the cast get older to keep making these, esp with the 3 to 4 year gaps in between series and while it looks like they are glossing everything with new energy which i think will help keep the show fresh for longer there is only so far you can go with that.

3. emmawatson

emmawatson Second Technician

A lot of fans I see online think RD will be able to last a lot longer than it can. Last of the Summer Wine in Space would be a soul-crushing end.

4. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Cliffhangers!! And a story ark!!