Series xii extras

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by mtullock, Dec 26, 2017.

1. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

What does everyone Think of the extras of xii? For me they were ok but the making of was not as in depth as previously and again disappointed at the lack of commentary. For me the DVD extras are one of the highlights of the purchase (or gift in this case)

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Wasn't all that impressed either. O.K. But nothing breathtaking. The "Making Of" Doc was pretty good too. What Craig said at the end is what I've been saying for awhile now. The 3D printing of Starbug was very cool to see.

I sorely miss the pamphlet/booklets that were with the earlier series DVD' s though.

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

They were awful and badly shot.

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I don’t think I’ve watched them all yet, (I think I still have the model stuff to see) but what I have seen was fine.

The later series of Red Dwarf have gotten a lot of stick concerning lack of extras. Sure they’re lacking when compared to the older series, but they hold up well compared to what one gets from other releases.

5. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Well, I rarely watch "extra's" on any DVD to tell you the truth. Most I HAVE watched just haven't seemed worthwhile to me. I don't care for and have only watched 1, one, a single instance of ANY season/series episode "commentary" either.

A personal Pet Peeve of mine and one that's on prominent display here is .......... how to say it without sounding like a complete jerk...... is the production people talking about how "hard" it is to do two series worth of shows at a time. (with a 3 week break between mind you). That's 12 episodes. Divided between TWO broadcast years. 12. Episodes. 12. Two Series total. 12 Episodes. I know , I know, but U.S. series/seasons are for 24/26 (these days, was 39 forever) episodes PER series/season and yet our production people don't spend half the "extras" patting themselves on the back for doing their job. While I truly appreciate the work done "behind the camera" so to speak, please spare me the self congratulatory hosanna's and instead tell me what hurdles you jumped, what limitations you overcame to EARN your self applied plaudits.

My rant here is done :roll:.