RDXII Series XII titles speculations

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bilbobagenz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. bilbobagenz

bilbobagenz Third Technician

Now that we can discuss the accidentally released titles for series XII any thoughts.
    Seems at least one title is another time jump episode, looks like the ship or Starbug may be hit by a time wave, opens up lots of possibilities, with lots of split screen in series XI possibly the crew meet up with themselves to work it out.
    Anyway thought I would open it up for speculation on all the new titles

The title of the 5th episode is Mechocracy, wondering if this is the everyone's a Kryten episode

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Where can we find a list of these titles? There's nothing on Wikipedia's Red Dwarf episode list.

3. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

Are we allowed to just list the titles? Seems a bit spoilery.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I believe we're allowed to discuss them in this conference.

5. bilbobagenz

I didn't put all the title names up even though Seb wrote

we should advise that the titles are not the final episode titles for Red Dwarf XI.

But yes, otherwise, you may now discuss it

I'm guessing he ment to type XII

Can we have clarity re discussing the names on the slip cover. I agree it is a bit if a spoiler, but it's an official release, much the same way they released the new bunk set up for series XII and one possible monster seen in the Doc

6. Cruel Slayer

I think perhaps a spoiler warning could be added to the title of this thread, but I'll wade in.

HERE NO EVIL - 'Here' as in where something is, but I don't know what to infer from that.
    M-CORP - Wasn't the corporation that owned the Samsara called Mega Corp? Perhaps there's a connection there.
    SILICONIA - I once wrote a Red Dwarf story about a 'religious' community of various mechs, simulants and other artificial life forms. This would have made a good title for it. (I believe I titled it 'Silicon Purgatory'.)
    TIME WAVE - A wave-like distortion in spacetime hits the ship, and timey-wimey things happen. Probably.
    MECHOCRACY - Rule by mechs? As was suggested, perhaps the reputed 'everybody's Kryten' episode.
    STAR KNOT - What a tangled star-web we weave. Whatever!

As has been stated, these are not the final episode titles for series XII, nor are they necessarily in the final order in which they will be aired. Frankly, I don't think there are massive spoilers to be gleaned from these titles.

7. jimmydischarge

jimmydischarge Third Technician

Time Wave? I'm sure Doug can come up with something better than that at this point in the series. I mean we've already had Timeslides and Out Of Time. It just sounds like it's going to be a lame episode already.

8. bilbobagenz

Sounds like it could be a bit like Justice world, ie no evil alowed here

9. Cruel Slayer

Perhaps there will be another title by the time it airs, or perhaps that's just the title that best reflects the events of the episode.

10. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

You know when I said in the spoiler policy that thread titles should have an [RDXII] title in them if they're going to discuss RDXII spoilers? I meant it.

I'll let you off this time, and I'll add it to the thread title, but people, you need to read the spoiler policy before discussing upcoming Red Dwarf in here. Thanks.

11. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

12. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

What's the score with XI Seb? Its been broadcast on national TV, the DVD is out in the UK and North America, a quick glance at the publicly available twitter feeds of the cast and indeed the official account gives away thee episode titles, guest stars, characters etc, how long until we can openly discuss it on the official site forum without fear of falling foul of the 'spoiler policy?'

Thanks.

13. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I suspect those were the titles until the printing blunder, and it's only since the printing blunder that they're not the titles anymore. The fact that the order might change annoys me, because I like to think that there's a story going on. The fact that the order is interchangeable means we've got another series where none of the episodes matter in relation to the overall story. There's obviously going to be no arc, no climax, no cliffhanger. There's going to be no developments in Series XII. Series XII is just going to be more stand-alone episodes where a weird adventure happens and then it goes back to normal at the end and the crazy events go down the memory hole. And they're still in space sort-of trying to get back to Earth and sort-of looking for Kochanski.

14. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

As the policy says, you can discuss it as much as you want in this conference, so long as you don't put details in thread titles. There are lots of people on this forum who don't live in the UK and don't pirate stuff - and we're less than a month after the US DVD release. I think it's fair to those users not to unnecessarily spoil stuff.

When we get closer to XII, then XI will be folded into the general all-series section and rules. But not yet.

15. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

1. They weren't - the list on the Blu is an old list, and they HAD already changed before then. I know some may not believe that, but it's the truth!

2. Number of Red Dwarf series prior to XI that were broadcast in their production/intended order: 1.

Red Dwarf doesn't do series arcs. I don't know why people expect it now.

16. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Ok skip, thanks.

17. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

HERE NO EVIL - They find some sort of religious commune. Like a deep space monastery. But there must be something to do with hearing to bother with the pun.
    M-CORP - No idea. Obviously some sort of corporation.
    SILICONIA - It's a planetoid or space-station. Obviously do with computers. Might have something to do with the Mech-religion.
    TIME WAVE - Time-travel episode, obviously. A time-wave might be a space-phenomena where the wave is knocking around like a wave in the ocean, and it washes over the ship.
    MECHOCRACY - Everyone turns into a Mechanoid, leading to debates about hierarchy.
    STAR KNOT - I think the hoax final episode fits this title well. I think it's something to do with Starbug being in a time-loop. Because it's a play on star-crossed, I think it also might have something to do with Kochanski. It's going to be something to do with time-travel-fatalism where they meet their past/future selves in Starbug.

18. Abe but more Halloween themed

Abe but more Halloween themed Deck Sergeant

JUPITER MINING CORPORATION

I'll say it until the day I die. Or at least the day the episodes formerly titled as "M-CORP" releases. I'll bet it has literally nothing to do with Samsara's "Mega Corps dream," which is probably something which had come of the Space Corps over time, or perhaps it was a subsidiary or an overseer, who knows. It could even be an in-universe fictional allusion.

19. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I want to speculate on the titles but I'll be careful not to reveal which episode I saw or reveal anything about it. Here we go:

HERE NO EVIL - A place where there is no evil. A cross between the High ship in Demons and Angels and the Justice field.
    M-CORP - Linked to the M-Corp in Samsara. I felt like there were more stories to tell surrounding their ethics.
    SILICONIA - Kryten has an accident and is close to shutting down. A recovery program runs on his software that sends him to Silicon Heaven. Kryten, not ready to die, struggles to find his way back to 'life'.
    TIME WAVE - A time wave hits Red Dwarf and they are sent hurtling through random time periods from their own past.
    MECHOCRACY - Everyone becomes a mechanoid and there is a power struggle to decide who is in charge.
    STAR KNOT - Star Knot sounds like some kind of award like the Gold Oblong of Pluck. Lister receives the award and becomes superior to Rimmer.

20. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

I went to see an episode of series XII being recorded and none of those titles fit with the episode I saw :?