RDXII Series XII titles speculations

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bilbobagenz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

It's good to know working titles as we don't normally get to learn what they are. Perhaps we can start a tradition of releasing them a year before broadcast :-D

2. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

Ha! I reckon all the titles are just nonsense, and this whole debacle is a way of generating chatter about the next series. Very cunning!;-)

3. smegrightoff

smegrightoff Third Technician

Alright, guys, my turn.

HERE NO EVIL - An evil force causes Lister to become dyslexic and deaf.
    M-CORP - The crew discover that half of the M&Ms company joined the space corp, unfortunately for Cat and Lister, it's not the half that made chocolate treats.
    SILICONIA - The crew find a soft-light hologram of a baby abandoned on a ship, and, with no way to feed it, Rimmer must be implanted with holo-breasts.
    TIME WAVE - Cat comes across a reality-altering machine that transforms time into a conscious humanoid being, who becomes depressed at the prospect of relying on space to exist, and becomes suicidal. Can the crew convince him to stick around before he waves good bye?
    MECHOCRACY - Confused by the title of the episode "Twentica", Kryten decides it's time to combine words together to form new words.
    STAR KNOT - The crew come across several sports stars from the 24th century. The angry athletes decide to race the crew in a triathlon event for ownership of Red Dwarf, the crew know they can't win, but is there a way to trip them up?

4. Abe but more Christmassy and all

Abe but more Christmassy and all Deck Sergeant

And what would that other half be?
    Existence will become meaningless unless this is an actual episode plot.
    I'll have a full go later on.

5. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Without saying anything about it, which one? As in, which of the six weeks?

(I'm just curious to know which one, as I'll know which title is which!)

6. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

2nd episode to be recorded (5th February)

7. HO HO HO I'M JMC

HO HO HO I'M JMC Deck Sergeant

HERE NO EVIL - the crew revisit the mirror universe and get stranded on the other side. Sadly, their situation is dire, because 81,000,000 hours' worth of oxygen has suddenly become 000,000,18 hours.

Happily, there's a dwarf planet with breathable air nearby, called "Ereh". They camp out in the woods there, getting used to their topsy-turvy surroundings and awkward role reversals. Will they make it out of the mirror universe, or simply have to "live on Ereh" for the rest of their lives...?

8. Abe but more Christmassy and all

M-CORP

The Dwarfers have been stuck on Ereh for a week now. They've tried twelve different ways of getting home, none of which have worked. Rimmer has been keeping close track of the processes (procs) they've attempted by assigning them each a letter. They've come up with an ingenious plan for the thirteenth try - will "Proc-M" finally work?

9. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Ha ha! Good theory - though the mirror universe as a plot device does have rather negative connotations!

I was thinking along the same lines of reversing the title. The first time I ever noticed that 'live' was 'evil' backwards was when watching RD - Backwards (obviously) when it appears on the Reverse Brothers posters.

I'm still not entirely sure which out of that episode list is the one I saw being recorded - but I think I can make a reasonable guess.

10. HO HO HO I'M JMC

SILICONIA

Continuing their adventures in the mirror universe, the crew encounter... a guy called... Ainocilis?

11. "Christmas rubbish"

"Christmas rubbish" Flight Co-Ordinator

Stop going to the awful/lazy mirror universe !!!

12. Abe but more Christmassy and all

TIME WAVE

Slowly losing hope, the Dwarfers send out an 'Extra-Vigilant Assistance Wave' (the reasons for its name are withheld for spoilers) to the universe beyond Ereh, hoping someone will answer their call. Will someone catch their 'EVAW emit' and come running to save them, or will they continue being at the disposal of the messed-up mirror universe?

13. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

They call up the Universe who sends Butler to help them back to reality.

14. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

MECHOCRACY

During their prolonged stay on Ereh, the Dwarfers are alarmed to discover that Starbug is being slowly eaten away by a highly corrosive micro-organism. Kryten calculates that the only antidote is an unusual chemical compound, comprising Yttrium (Y), Carbon(C), Argon(AR), Cobalt(CO), Hydrogen(H), and Cerium (CE). And it will take a millenium to work.

15. Abe but more Christmassy and all

STAR KNOT

In the mirror universe, the Dwarfers are able to fly back up to Dwarf and carry Starbug behind them, so they use this odd power to do so and then Quarantine Starbug for the Millenium it will take YCArCoHCe to work, while entering stasis themselves, only to discover that in the mirror universe, Dwarf only has 1/2 a stasis booth instead of two. Can they cram both Cat and Lister in there and turn off Rimmer and Kryten for 1,000 years, or will they have to find their way back to the real universe in the two and a half hours of oxygen they had left after they turned it off to leave for Ereh?

16. Abe but more Christmassy and all

Continues next week on the secretly produced part II, where they discover that the dwarf is now populated by 'tonk rats' which may just be the answer they've been looking for all along.

17. HO HO HO I'M JMC

I've got to say... if we get our series-long mirror universe plot arc, bringing back the crew won't look so bad. I think a lot of fans would be yearning for the days of series 8!

18. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

HERE NO EVIL - The crew come across a planet populated entirely be Mechanoids, they love it there because there is no crime, no malice, no evil.

M-CORP - The crew come across a space station owned and run by mechanoids.

SILICONIA - The crew come across a planet populated entirely by mechanoids and other electrical appliances.

TIME WAVE - The crew come across a Time Wave which sends them back to the time they came across a planet populated entirely by Mechanoids.

MECHOCRACY - Rimmer has a holographic sex change.

STAR KNOT - A Star Knot causes an explosion meaning the crew are forced to evacuate Red Dwarf, the nearest planet turns out to populated entirely be Mechanoids.

19. Abe but more Christmassy and all

HERE NO EVIL - Red Dwarf crashes into another Justice World, and the justice field starts covering all of Red Dwarf.
    M-CORP - Red Dwarf crashes into the forms Lister was supposed to fill out in Entangled. Perplexed by how hey caught up to it, they mistakenly attempt to contact the mining corporation HQ which, to their surprise, answers the call - and it's not automated.
    SILICONIA - Red Dwarf crashes into a ship full of computer pieces, which accidentally reassemble into a killing machine, which promptly shoots all of them dead. Can they create a time paradox in the past quickly enough to revive themselves?
    TIME WAVE - Red Dwarf crashes into the Starbug in Twentica which is 'time surfing' on a 'time wave' and knocks out the whole crew - they have to put them back without letting them know that anything happened.
    MECHOCRACY - Red Dwarf crashes into a DNA ship, which turns each crewman, bug, and remaining organic food supply into a mechanoid.
    STAR KNOT - Red Dwarf crashes into a star and gets tangled in it. It burns through Red Dwarf and kills everyone. To be continued...

20. "Christmas rubbish"

"Christmas rubbish" Flight Co-Ordinator

This thread is getting tiresome.