RDXII Series XII titles speculations

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bilbobagenz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

I think its Grrrrrrreeeeeeeat.

[​IMG]

2. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

You can only be a "Tony" when there's no "H". I have a "H". Then again, why would I expect someone who thinks Adam and Eve were at the nativity to understand that basic premise? :roll:

3. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

4. Ant the Dragon

5. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

6. Ant the Dragon

7. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

HERE NO EVIL: The crew are transported to the Anagram Universe, and find a mysterious temple on Hiro Eleven. Inside the holy of holies, there's an inner sanctum called the Even Holier. The door is flanked by statues of two animal gods: Levee (rhino) and Livee (heron). The devotees eschew all forms of evil, and only the pure-hearted can enter. But what's inside, and is it dangerous?

M-CORP: Remaining in the Anagram Universe, the heroes find themselves on a dwarf planet, ruled by an evil capitalist known only as "Cromp". Before long, Rimmer gets arrested by a generic policeman character, Mr Cop. Then he's rescued by a hip hop DJ, known only as MC Pro.

MC Pro is part of the resistance. At his recording studio, freedom fighters are trying to crack the code for Cromp HQ. They keep getting stuck on the last letter. Is it P, C or M?

SILICONIA: Remaining in the Anagram Universe, the heroes visit Alconis II, near the ion stream from a supermassive black hole. There, they find a derelict starship called the SS Siliconia. It has an enormous Ionic Sail, and Kryten believes it can get them back to Earth. However, if they want to unjam it, they must first go to Canis I, to find a legendary lubricant called Canis I Oil.

TIME WAVE: Remaining in the Anagram Universe, the heroes find a primitive VR helmet called the ViewMateâ„¢. It only has one game installed, called Time Wave. The heroes explore an 8-bit time tunnel, enjoying pixellated scenes from history. When they try to surf a wave back home, they're ambushed by a giant Wave-Mite, and need to unlock a special "Wave Item" to repel it.

MECHOCRACY: Remaining in the Anagram Universe, the heroes find a planet run by robots.

At first, Kryten is delighted. However, the robots are practitioners of forced euthanisia. There's even a self-driving "Mercy Coach", which rounds up old robots and carts them off to be recycled. And, being over three million years old, Kryten is well past his sell-by date...

STAR KNOT: Before leaving the Anagram Universe, the heroes visit the famous Star Knot, which is the most convoluted race track in the galaxy. Lister drinks too much hooch and enters Starbug in the grand prix. Their most dangerous opponents hail from the rat-infested plague-world, Tonk. Each has a slime-powered Snot-Kart. Can Lister beat the Tonk-Rats to the finish...?

8. R.I.P. 2000

Ant's so bowled over by the elegant wordplay that he's actually slipped into a coma.

9. Ant the Dragon

Not only that it's made this ancient relic of a "forum" go all mental.

Utterly ridiculous. Something must be done next year!!!

10. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Those Z's have completely destroyed this page of the thread.

11. Ant the Dragon

If it helps highlight how desperately this site needs an update, it was worth it

12. R.I.P. 2000

HERE NO EVIL. Hopeless eejit Rimmer explores Nova One. Emotional vampires influence Lister.

M-CORP. Mischievous Cat opens Rimmer's present.

SILICONIA. Starbug I lands in cosmic orchard, nicking interstellar apples.

TIME WAVE. Talkie's interruptions make everyone weary. Ackerman visits, eventually.

MECHOCRACY. Missing Earth comforts, humans open crate - retrieving a cat's yoyo.

STAR KNOT. Skutters turn against Rimmer. Kryten's negadrive overheats, too...

13. Abe but more Halloween themed

Abe but more Halloween themed Deck Sergeant

Does anybody else get the feeling that these titles (and the subsequent response from Seb and GNP) may have been intentional and a bit of a red herring?

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Keep this kind of stuff in the Garbage Pod, Ant E.

15. Ant the Dragon

"Shut up you goat" said the Virus

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Lamest insult in the forum's history.

17. Abe but more Halloween themed

My new feeling is that this mistake was intentional so that they could get feedback from the community on these titles.

18. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Why would they do that though? It's not seen that way by the fans, just as a massive mistake, and since when have they wanted fan feedback on the titles of episodes before? Surely the cost of replacing the wrong covers means that it would be an expensive bit of "consumer research".

19. Abe but more Halloween themed

I'm sorry, I should probably clarify something real quick.

Next to nothing that I've said in this thread is serious.

20. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

Cured
    and a space station where the crew have developed a cure for evil.
    Siliconia
    For the very first time, the rest of the crew discover just how it feels to be Kryten when they're arrested by the Mechanoid Intergalactic Liberation Front. Lister discovers a simple update of the ship's latest software could be a matter of life or death.
    Timewave
    The Cat faces an identity crisis like never before when he discovers he needs glasses
    Mechocracy
    When all the machines on Red Dwarf go on strike Rimmer and Kryten hold a Presidential election
    M-Corp
    The Dwarfers come across a ship where criticism is illegal,
    Skipper
    Finally, Rimmer decides to leave Red Dwarf in search of a parallel universe where he isn't such a massive loser.

Not confident about Cat's glasses or the software update, just stuck them somewhere. The rest seem likely.