RDXII Series XII titles speculations

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bilbobagenz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Still ignored by seb

2. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

Cure - Cure to evil, that's clear. I'm bit afraid of this one, because it sounds very very familiar to Justice or Samsara. Or it could be some medicament, which changes people to their "good" versions as in Demons & Angels. :-S

Mechocracy is probably that one with presidental election. Really looking forward. Machines on strike. I imagine skutters with banners.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

NO, BETTER:

Mechocracy is the 4Krytens episode and the Presidental Election could be in Skipper (with a suprising solution...).

4. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Ok how about this, if 'Mechocracy' isn't the one with the election for machines I'll leave the forum forever, it absolutely has to be.

5. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I will stand by your side and leave the forum forever as well, 'Mechocracy' It really has to be the election for machines ep doesn't it . :-)

6. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

Cured is the space-station where they cured evil.
    Siliconia is everyone's Kryten.
    Timewave is the software update.
    Mechocracy is the election.
    M-Corp is the ship with no criticism.
    Skipper is Rimmer finding another dimension.

The only one I can't place is Cat needing glasses. I figure it must be filler that could go anywhere. If I had to guess I'd put it in M-Corp, because then people couldn't criticise his glasses.

7. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Ranking episodes I haven't seen, this is the order I'm looking forward to them in:

Skipper
    Timewave
    Mechocracy
    Siliconia
    Cured
    M-Corp

I'm looking forward to Skipper and Timewave because they seem the most plotty. As in, we might get a feel for where we are in the overall story, to the extent that there is one, and I think we'll get an update on some long-standing loose ends. Mechocracy sounds fun, though I hope there's not obvious references to the recent US election (it was written during the primaries). Siliconia sounds like a fun episode where the idea to make everyone Kryten came first and the plot was written backwards to make that happen. Probably going to be a lot of visual humour. Cured and M-Corp sound similar, and like re-hashes of Demons & Angels and Justice/Samsara.

8. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

Doug Naylor told some synopsis for SFX. Here is rewrite from G&T:

So my theory that Skipper is the episode with election that ends with return of Holly is definitely dead.

9. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

The election episode was always going to be Mechocracy. First myself and I think many others assumed it must be the "everyone's Kryten" episode, but that's because we hadn't heard about the election episode. As soon as that synopsis came out, it couldn't be anything else. Is this a language thing? Maybe you didn't make the connection, Mechocracy/Democracy.

I'm quite disconcerted to discover criticism and pink featuring in Time(r?)wave. I was certain it must be M-Corp. That's just the sort of thing M-Corp does, controls behavior with magic devices. So M-Corp just sounds like another Justice/Samsara episode. It sounds dangerously similar to Cured. So does that mean M-Corp is the software update?

Cat needing glasses is in Mechocracy, which means it's filler as I suspected. Main plot skutters-on-strike, unrelated side-plot Cat needs glasses. More struggling to find Cat things to do.

Skipper, he is back. In case we needed any more reason to believe this is the Holly episode. Though I wonder if he's actually returning permanently, or if this is some flashback/time-travel cameo. I still suspect Cat-drowning means they're going to revisit the off-camera flooding incident that took him offline.

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

Yes, I did, but it could also be Aristocracy, Autocracy or any other -cracy. So Mechocracy would be reign of mechanoids, which could have connection with MILF. Also all articles and news about that episode started with Mech-...

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Third Technician

Lovely new teaser! Very Rimmer-centric,-with a bit of Kryten - and rather dark! (Not a bad thing.)

I liked the Holly gag. Judging by Rimmer's outfit* and reaction in that scene I wonder if speculation that this is a time travel episode might be correct.

I did hope Holly would make a permanent return, but a time travel 'older days of Dwarf' episode is welcome.

Oh, and I just noticed: Rimmer is in a grey corridor! Don't get me wrong, I love the red sets of the new series, but it's nice to see those other corridors are still around.

*Was the forehead 'H' really that big, or did they increase the size a bit for comedy effect?

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Third Technician

Nice new pictures too. Love Cat's outfit! (Not that I'd ever wear something like that, but Danny carries it off, as always.)