Should i?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jacksmith, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Now, over the years me and my parents and brother have been giving our spare change to a pot, 20s,50, and pounds.
    Yesterday we opened it up and now we've all been given our shares, 79 english pounds to be precise.

Now i do have Red Dwarf: Just the shows Vol1 and Vol2 but i don't feel like a dwarfer because i lack the proper dvd series releases
    i could get series I-VI for £41.18 i am one of those guys that love commentaries, extras. The question is should i?

Afterall i have the shows already right? I mean i think i've ruined my series I disk, it had some kind of ring stain of glue on it, never understood what it was. (and no...Jus-just no)

As fellow dwarfers your opinions are valuable to me.

2. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

The extras are the best extras of any range of DVDs I've seen. They are far better put-together and well thought out than even the Bond ones (from Series III onwards, at least. The documentaries for I and II are found on Bodysnatcher, which I also recommend for extras)

The best documentary I reckon is that of the Series VII DVD and commentaries, it's a toss-up between V and VI...

3. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

the extras are well worth it. You could always put the just the shows boxsets on ebay to get some money back.

4. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

If you like extras and commentaries get them. You won't be disappointed, as has already been said, they really are jam packed full of everything you could want.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Just the Shows is for the casual fans. The DVDs with extras are for the more serious fans. If you consider yourself a serious fan, I don't think you'll regret purchasing the extras-laden DVDs.

Also, if you find that you like the DVD extras, Bodysnatcher is a must.

6. jacksmith

okay, thanks for the input, ill have to look into bodysnatchers the collection, but isn't it remasterd?

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It contains the first three series in remastered form, but there is so much more.

More info on the contents here.

8. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I got the just the shows volumes as a gift, but felt that I was missing out on the extras so went ahead and got the individual volumes and the body-snatcher collection. The extras are great. I would say yes, go ahead and get the volumes and the E-Bay idea is pretty good too, though I couldn't bare to part with any of my Red Dwarf DVD's. ;-)

9. jacksmith

I've bought I-VI (there the best in my opinion) and the extras are fantastic!