So who is Rimmer's [redacted]? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Any predictions?

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I suggested Porkie Roebuck in another thread. I've also thought maybe one of his brothers.

3. JCjunkstar

JCjunkstar Second Technician

His younger brother, Frank, I read?

4. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

His own self loathing? Ace Rimmer seems the closest Rimmer has to a foe. Most of Rimmer's problems seem rooted in his own defective psychology, so it should be interesting.

5. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

I thought Arnold was the youngest of the four?

Ace isn't the closest Rimmer has to a foe. Arnold J. Rimmer is the closest thing he has to foe, as embodied by his self-loathing beast and all the other minions in Terrorform, as well as his self-destruction in Better Than Life, and the fact that when he had to face the fact it was him who was responsible for how he was, he wanted to shoot himself in Back To Reality. The oldest foe for Rimmer to face will always be himself.

6. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Junkstar, I don't think you ought to be repeating what you "read". That might be considered a spoiler rather than a guess.

7. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

When I first read that, I feared it was going to be Ace again. Then I started toying with the thought of an oldest foe being some great commander from history. Maybe a time travel story with Alexander The Great or Hitler somehow involved. Then I remembered the G&T Dimension Jump Dwarfcast reports a while back and something said there and I think I now have an idea....not certain, but I think I know who it might be. Maybe

8. Butterpat_head

Butterpat_head Third Technician

If they have the Series 8 Rimmer, then he will know nothing of anything beyond series 1, and I cant think of any foe from before the crew were killed

9. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

Rimmer doesn't seem to really like anyone. A rumor I heard leads on that it might be his brother Frank. I think it could be Porky, or, more likely, one of his parents (likely his father). I don't, however, think it could be Ace, since this Rimmer is hologram Rimmer, as evidenced in BTE when he remembered the Polymorph, and had an anti-squid ink'd immune system.

10. Reznor

Reznor Guest

aka sean connery impersonation! ohhhhh and now bedfordfalls gets to see the WHOLE picture! :P

11. bedfordfalls

Thanks to people not following spoiler guidelines everybody in the forum is now getting to see it!

12. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

It was!!! :x:x:x

13. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I never saw Ace as Rimmer's foe. He hates him, sure, for achieving what he hasn't, and Ace despises him but doesn't mean him any harm. Of course it could just be a simple matter of incorrect wording on the part of the person who wrote the synopses.

I'm thinking one of the resurrected series VIII view, but maybe that is too obvious. I'm sure Rimmer would consider Hollister a foe. Or the prison warder, although I think he was more on Lister and Cat's case but my memory it's been a while since I saw that series.

14. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

The spoiler is a Red Herring for the stupid!

15. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

wrong. :x

16. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol wow that one flew over your head too huh :P

17. Pecospete666

It would be just like Doug to call in a few favors with some no name publishers to put the fish out there.
    Time will tell! I have seen the Herring in two obscure news pages.

18. Pecospete666

Now found it in 3 places all the same words!

19. bedfordfalls

If the herring is what I think it is then it's splitting hairs...not exactly a massive misdirection...I could elaborate further but i won't for the sake of trying to preserve some sense of mystery.

I think it's irresponsible for anybody to write what they "read" here, no matter how true it is. The spoiler policy on this forum is clear enough. It's all very well having threads where people speculate but to write that you read that x, y or z happens is irresponsible because even if you don't know the truth, x and y might be complete guff but you've still likely spoiled z.

Just don't do it.

20. Pecospete666

Look at how well they kept the Dr Who surprise!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.