Spoiler limit!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Jo TORDFC, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Is it just me or is anyone else at their spoiler limit now?

I want some surprises for when I watch the shows, but spoilers still seem to be flowing. I like to know some things but I think I've had my fill now.

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I know what you mean. I'm a bit of a sucker for spoilers myself in that I always want to learn more, but wish I hadn't afterwards. I know I should avoid them, but often can't resist them either.

Terminator Salvation is a good example. I'm really looking forward to that film. I visit fan-site http://www.terminatorfiles.com/ quite regularly. I've read some pretty hefty spoilers there though, I really wish I hadn't. And a lot of them come from the director himself!

As far as RD:Back to Earth is concerned, I wouldn't mind a little more, but I'm approaching my limit. Whether I resist stuff above and beyond that though...

3. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

I think there's maybe a thin line between 'spoiling' and 'maintaining interest'...
    Stuff like 'cast' members is almost bound to come out before the show anyway what with TV guides and the like..
    The pictures we've seen so far, if anything, have merely confused everyone and thrown open a whole bucket full of speculation, so, no real spoilers there.
    We now know of course that Rimmer is dead [again] at some stage, at what point we dont know!
    We also know that Katerina is a hologram and will be a nemesis to Rimmer.
    Somewhere along the line, Coronation Street and a Comic/Sci Fi shop are involved..
    Norman let everyone know in his own style that he's not involved and Doug is reported to have said that Kochanski is dead...
    I've probably missed a load but I think we're far from a spoiler situation just yet and speculation is fun..

4. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

I always assumed he died at the end of Only the Good anyway, since kneeing the Reaper in the fanny bashers is not considered an effective medical procedure. It would be more interesting to find out that he survived the end of series 8.

5. admuz

admuz Second Technician

The thought occurs that Rimmer should actually have "whacked Death on the head" rather than kneed him in the nuts, as he claimed with such finality that it was impossible in Future Echoes!

Anyway I don't think the specials have really been spoiled yet. We know bits and pieces sure but everyone is still totally confused about what's actually going to be happening other than they get back to Earth. And I don't consider the news that Kochanski's dead to be a spoiler as we already knew she wasn't going to be involved. Really, we know very little at all about the specials.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I wonder if they'll have a stand in girl lying on her side with her back to the camera. Assuming her death happens soon before the specials (taking the suspected funeral into account.)

7. admuz

admuz Second Technician

Yes! They could go all Doctor Who and have Sophie Winkleman (Kochanski's 'replacement' as the new female character of Red Dwarf) dress up in a wig and wear Kochanski's clothes whilst she pretends to be her lying dead on the floor!! :lol:

8. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I've just gone "ping".

I'm quite happy with what we have now. Pictures are great, you can still guess, but when glossy magazines start to report integral parts of the script, I'd rather not know.

9. CrazyFanNumber8725

CrazyFanNumber8725 First Technician

I'm more concerned about spoilers when the things actually start showing on this... Dave channel of yours.

See, not only am I in the USA, i've been living without an actual TV for many many years. I got rid of my TV because it was sucking up time I'd rather be using to write my novel... now that that's done and sold 6 copies ( ***sticks fist in mouth and crumples up on lower bunk***) I got Netflix to catch up on all the television that I missed. Stuck with netflix since then since it costs much less and has all the TV I actually want to see.

I suppose if RD played at a decent time like on the sci-fi channel I can beg one of my friends to watch it in their house...

Right now I'm just hoping all the spoilers will be contained in this section of the forum and I can still hang out in the garbage pod until it comes out on DVD 2 months later.

10. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

While we knew that she wasn't involved in the specials that could easily have been explained away in the same way as Holly being absent, the fact that she's dead is a spoiler in my opinion.

I don't know, maybe I'm just panicking a bit - I just want to be surprised when I watch the episodes, I don't want too many facts to come out whether it be via Doug or Bobby's Twitter feed. Speculation is fine of course, I've even said on this forum that it's half the fun, speculation isn't spoilers though.

11. admuz

admuz Second Technician

OK so we know she's dead but we don't know how that's going to affect the story and if there's going to be any consequences coming out of the fact that she's dead and what those consequences are. The fact that Kochanski's dead is probably only the beginning - it doesn't really tell us a great deal.

12. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

Let's not forget that Kochanski, well, our version anyway, died in series I along with the rest of the crew..

Having not yet read the SFX interview or more importantly, having not yet seen the specials, it's impossible to know which way it's going.
    From the start of the info leaks, we were told that things may not be what we think so I'm ready to expect the unexpected.

13. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I don't want you to think of Kochanski as someone who's dead. More as someone who's no longer a threat to the storyline.

14. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

15. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

16. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Interesting if true!

17. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Superman was still alive.

18. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

For me, the most shocking thing about this eight-year old thread (!) was when Paul Taylor referred to testicles as "fanny-bashers".

19. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Whoa. Thats obscene.