Spoilers Deleted by Dave

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by acerimmer_165, Mar 24, 2009.

1. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Being Dwarfers, 99% of you have probably saved, printed, and made backup copies of the Dave online synopsis of the forthcoming Red Dwarf episodes, keeping them at least 500m away from the orginals.

But for the small minority who didn't ...

Back to Earth (Part One)

Nine years later (after the events of Only the Good...) the Red Dwarf crew are older but still none the wiser. Lister's busy day of annoying Rimmer is interrupted by the discovery of a dimension-hopping leviathan in the ship's mile-deep water tank.

Back to Earth (Part Two)

Rimmer's replacement, Katerina (Sophie Winkleman), is determined to guide Lister back to his home planet. But Earth in 2009 is not everything the boys had expected, and Rimmer has no intention of being replaced.

Back to Earth (Part Three)
    Knowing they are destined to die, the Dwarfers – in best "Blade Runner" traditions – track down those responsible for their creation to plead for more life.

:shock: I think Dave accidentally revealed too much ...

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I already posted a hyperlink to these synopses for those who had missed them in another thread.

3. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

This story sounds very "dodgy" if its true.
    SPOILERS

For one, I wonder how we can have two holograms onboard Red Dwarf, Rimmer and what's her name. For them to fight over who is kept as hologram seems annoying too. But the main annoyance for me will be if the show breaks the fourth wall, and judging by the third parts synopsis it just might.
    It makes it sound like they go find the shows writers to plead for a continuation of the show, which I would love, but I doubt want to see it being the reason for the films, seems rather..cheap. =/

END SPOILERS

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Katarina. And they had two holograms in a couple of episodes of series 1. If you power down all extraneous systems, Red Dwarf can sustain 2 holograms. (I don't know if that's the method they're choosing though.)

Besides, Rimmer was powered just fine when they lost Red Dwarf in series 6 and 7. This suggests they were able to access a power source that got around that. For all we know the light bee might have been able to sustain it's own power all along. Bear in mind we don't know if the light bee was ever used to generate Rimmer in the first 2 series. The Holo-cage in Thanks for the Memory suggests not.

If we're following the 1 hologram rule it would makes sense though. (Although why that would be an issue considering what I've stated above, I don't know.

But that's just it. We haven't seen the story. We just .... don't.... know. Lets just watch the story and see how they deal with it. Same for all the fourth wall stuff.

*Not to mention a number of away missions on previous series, but I can't really count them as Red Dwarf was always nearby and could possibly pipe information to the light bee over a few miles.

5. acerimmer_165

Agreed.

But I don't think the creators care much about plot holes and continuity :lol:

Red Dwarf is still the best comedy that the world will ever see:-D

6. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

I don't think the 1 hologram rule need apply anymore,
    In series 8 the nanobots had reconstructed the dwarf's Original engine which if i remember correctly,
    Is a quark level matter / antimatter generator (from before when the JMC made all their cutbacks)

I reckon that baby should kick out enough power for 2 holograms, (Or perhaps they just turn off Rimmer!)
    perish the thought...
    I cant wait to find out though!

7. acerimmer_165

Fair Point ... But even if it weren't true, they'd just do what they did in me^2

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I watched Demon's and Angels on Dave yesterday. After the ship blows, they mentioned that Rimmer only had a short life-time before his batteries run out. When they arrived on the 'angels' ship Kryten says something along the lines "We need to find a recharge point. We'll catch up with you later."

Ergo, Rimmer doesn't require the ship to be generated. Maybe they found batteries with a greater capacity?

That gets round the multi-hologram issues too. To some extent.

Katarina DOES want to replace him though...

Oh, we'll see.

9. acerimmer_165

Nah... don't think so

Nah... don't hope so :-D

Grant Naylor won't break the fourth wall

10. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

You REALLY sure about that?
    I must admit, my greatest fears are seeing some sort of massacre akin to the league of gentlemen film..

I don't think doug would do that to us, BUT if it'll get the funds in for a new series, I'd live with it.

11. acerimmer_165

I'd live with ANYTHING if it leads to a new series/movie :-D

12. PCz911

PCz911 Third Technician

I'm just delighted to be able to have another opportunity to see RD.
    And the teaser internet campaign is wonderful.
    WE are sooooo lucky to be living thru this now.

Now, back to my warm lager.

13. acerimmer_165

I prefer vindaloo-flavoured ice cream myself :-D