Starbug Electronic Playset. How Rare????

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by GTaDave, Apr 12, 2009.

1. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

They are quite fragile, but it's not on having to except broken items!

I'm sure we have 2 if not 3 Starbug's in the Fan Club. They will be brought to DJ, and will be available for prizes or in the auction.

2. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I bought a Starbug off the internet which arrived broken, managed to get a perfect one and sold the broken one at a major loss.
    Maddening thing is there are now the four Starbug figures on ebay and they are going for a higher price than my broken Starbug complete with figures went for!

3. dredd1981

dredd1981 Skutter

I know what you mean! I was wanting a bug big time for a while but looks like a lot of the bugs knocking about (even in boxes) are broken or would likely break in transit! Should have gotten one when they came out, d'oh!

4. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Thinking back now I should have kept the broken one, customised it and suspended it from the ceiling, that would have been cool and if it fell, what the hell:-D

5. J_Spaced

J_Spaced Second Technician

The packaging is the problem. It was pretty but bloody daft! A lot of Starbugs never survived transit. Product Enterprise were always a bit random when it comes to packaging. Their Remote Control Daleks were positively lost in their boxes which added another six inches on all sides of a product that was already a foot tall!

6. pen

pen Catering Officer

I saw one a few months back in Forbidden Planet at it's normal price...I just can't remember if it was the London branch or not.

7. RozzaI

RozzaI Third Technician

room 169,corridor 59,A deck,Red dwarf,DeepSpace
    does anyone have one they'll send to australia ill pay no more than 30 pounds (65 dollars)for it thanks a lot bye:lol:

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

It's funny you should write that. Last time I checked on Ebay, the only available was from Australia!

They're not widely available over here either, although something will probably come up if you google it. A lot of that is old ads for non-existent stock but I'm sure there are a few here and there.

9. RozzaI

RozzaI Third Technician

it is extremely rare here there are currently 2 on ebay post to uk only ps can someone plz sell me one:crying:

10. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

When you say you'll pay no more than £30 pounds, is that just for the playset or is it for the playset and postage? For a mint in packaging you will be talking up to and above £100 and for one with a broken leg that has no packaging could cost you up to £50. That would be before adding the cost of shipping.

11. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

I would sell mine if the price was right (make me an offer!) the bug itself is in perfect condition and with original packaging intact, i dont have the four figures though.

12. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

I really wish I could get my hands on one of those! D'oh, I'm spending most of my money on Sci-Fi movie kit!:eek:ops:

13. RozzaI

RozzaI Third Technician

without postage postage to be determuined also bigger price okay as long as not absurd thanks:lol:

14. parkerfresh

parkerfresh Third Technician

hi, i was just browsing ebay to see how much the starbugs go for and they only had one on there... it was complete but unboxed. anyway, i found this site on the off-chance while googling a rough price i could expect to get for selling mine. so yeah, i have an original playset for sale, fully boxed and in great condition, it is also signed by hattie and danny... i purchased it a few years ago from a play.com event at wembley stadium.... to be clear, the box is the part that is signed as the ship has a form fitting clear clastic shell covering it and would be awkward to get a signature on that lol.

if anyone is interested then please make an offer, i am unlikely to come back here, but my email address is parkerfresh@hotmail.com, i could also put it on ebay if you wanted to be extra safe? i dont know how these things work lol... selling due to needing funds for the isle of wight festival.

thanks in advance and kind regards, kev :-D

15. parkerfresh

parkerfresh Third Technician

extra details... the item is in excellent condition, the only fault i can think of is the 'red dwarf' logo that protrudes from the back of the display box was folded, but i straightened it out and its hardly noticeable... i went through about 8 models at the event to find one in the best condition, its crazy how they had loads they were selling that were already broken... im a big star wars collector and have to have items in the best possible condition :-D

if you are in the UK, my mobile number is 07772472708... please feel free to text at any time for details. if i get no responses by tomorrow, il be putting it on ebay (100% feedback, username is parkerfresh), thanks again :-D

16. smegtastic8888

smegtastic8888 Skutter

I Personally have recently had a major dissapointment involving this set. I ordered one from starstore.com and they called back saying they had run out of them. I think that this incident proves that this set is getting rarer by the minute and we should grab one while we still can. e.g finding one on ebay.

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I've got two and I'm still very disappointed with the slow audio clips.

18. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Silly question... did you change the batteries? Mine worked great when new, but now the clips are sluggish.

19. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I haven't yet. I kept one in the packaging but I may try changing the batteries in the other one. But the set was slow when new :?

20. RozzaI

RozzaI Third Technician

Same:-(:-(