Starbug sold for over £2,000 on ebay.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, May 21, 2012.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

"Thats the Power of please, kids."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tanjuanchine

tanjuanchine First Technician

this is awesome!

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Photobucket is also blocked so those don't work.

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Sweet Jesus! Thats not good, any other way that you could recommend?

5. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

6. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Yes that works. Bloody brilliant model!

7. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

This is one of the pictures from the actual auction.

[​IMG]

8. retrocentral

retrocentral Skutter

Hi Guys. The starbug on ebay you are referring to is mine! Glad you like it.

9. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Third Technician

"Hi Guys. The starbug on ebay you are referring to is mine! Glad you like it."

Are you the seller, or did you buy it? It's very cool. I did look at it on eBay a few weeks ago, and although I love collectibles or was a bit too much for me. I will have to be happy with my Corgi Starbug model that cost me a fiver :-D

How much an item is worth is totally down to the individual. If I had enough disposable income I would have bought the Starbug model as I get a certain amount of enjoyment just from owning nice collectibles and having them on show. I already get enough stick for my modest model collection from the mrs, so I think dropping over 2 grand on a model may have her looking up a good divorce lawyer.

10. retrocentral

retrocentral Skutter

Hi. I am the seller. I don't want to sell starbug but have things to pay for! I may keep it if I can raise the cash selling other bits. It is really amazing in the flesh. The cockpit, headlights and engines light up and it has ability to blow air out of the bottom thrusters to move sand etc when taking off! David Sisson who built it had access to the original miniatures so he could get all the details exact! I also have Dave Listers original Zero Gee football tape from better than life. Bought it via Propstore from Grant Naylor.

11. Mark42

Mark42 Skutter

Glad that you liked the old model, here are some pictures of the 2012 version that I've just finished.
    This was the model mentioned earlier that was at the Leicester Brit SciFi event, where old Danny & Chris stood next to it to have their pictures taken, which was nice.
    I worked on the model for about 18 months, and there are about 850-900 separate parts in it! (including 24 lights!)
    Geting it to look dirty enough is the problem, this has been weathered 3 times yet still looked too clean when I put it next to the original model a couple of weeks ago, so more muck and damage are still required.
    Cheers
    David
    PS it ain't for sale. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Which i think was this moment....or was this one the official Starbug? I really can't tell?

[​IMG]

13. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

That's excellent! A nice size too.

14. Mark42

Mark42 Skutter

Yes that was it, I just turned around and there they were standing behind the tables - it was one of those 'Wheres my camera' moments.
    The model wasn't quite finished at the time but I had managed to get it pretty much done for the event because I knew there was going to be a Red Dwarf element to the weekend.
    It will be on display, with some of my other stuff, at a Norwich SF Convention on September 2nd, which Robert (Kryten) will be attending.

15. amubis

amubis Skutter

Looks the same as mine....built mine over 20 years ago now and got the plaque signed by Mike Tucker.
    also built the Blue midget to studio scale sold that last year for £500,
    If any body is interested in purchasing it or just seeing some pic of it just email me scott@oddboyz.co.uk