Starbug "toy"

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Clarence, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Clarence

Clarence First Technician

Has anyone bought one of those starbug (with sound) playset's, looks like they are made by skynet with 4 little figures. I sometimes see people list them on ebay and they go for about £70 I guess but I see you can get them new from Japan for not much more?
    Thinking of getting one, any views?

2. Clarence

Thanks kry10 don't think I could stretch to buying two but might get one. One thing I can't work out from the pictures I have seen is how big they are?

3. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

It's definitely worth having, but like Kry10 says, the sounds probably won't work properly, it's just a manufacture's defect, and if you do decide to remove it from the packaging, be very careful of the legs, they are fragile. He and I are of separate minds about removing it from packaging; if you want to retain the value for selling later on and don't mind displaying the bulky packaging, then obviously leave in it; however I feel it's worth opening and enjoying its beauty close up, plus you can see all the detail on the inside, including a talkie toaster, the bunks, the cockpit and pop-up Holly. :-D

4. Clarence

I do fancy getting one, I know my wife will think I am sad though. I just have to make sure she doesn't see the price, I managed to get away with getting the smegzines by telling her I got both volumes for £3 on eBay so might have to try the same trick. Thanks for the dimensions and advice on the sound card. Will let you know my thoughts If I get round to ordering one.

5. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Maybe invest in some RD sextoys to keep her happy?!? :eek:ops:

7. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Gives new meaning to the age-old question, "Short and thick, or long pencil version?" :lol:

8. TomMassey250

TomMassey250 Skutter

Hi :-) I am the seller of that Starbug toy linked above, I've got two of them so I decided to sell one. Sadly two of the little figures are missing, which is a total shame (they never came with it from the seller I got it from) but the ship itself is genuinely beautiful, almost an exact replica of the show model.

I'd be looking for around £60-ish for it, plus a little for P&P considering its in perfect condition with its box (just minus the two minifigs) Maybe somebody out there has the little figures and a broken starbug and would like to combine the sets? :-D Let me know if you do.