STILL" NO" RED DWARF XI NEWS??

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Oct 8, 2013.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Sorry, but I cannot believe rumours like that..."someone on facebook"?!?

I also cannot see the jump from 6 to 12 episodes being viable or even desirable...sorry...:roll:

2. kry102001

kry102001 Supply Officer

Just passing the info on, any news is worth spreading.

3. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

The last time I read some info on one of the cast Q&A mention RDX plans it was said it was being filmed round about the end of 2014 and broadcast early 2015, which turned out to be a load of tosh. When the cast get asked at Q&A's it is just answering a question with what they think rather than facts, rather than saying "Sorry I have no sodding idea what's going on."

the only reason I could image 12 eps. being filmed is that it has been so long since RDX that they had the material to shoot 2 series at the same time ? and it would make sense to do it all together for series XI XII but again as they can't seem to get things moving for so long after RDX that I doubt that to be the case.:-(

4. simulant37

I understand, but disagree. There is no way to corroborate what has been apparently said...the person on facebook could just be making it up!

5. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

That's funny, because chris Barrie rang me up the other day and said its gonna be filmed early next year and it's just 1 feature length episode to wrap things up for good.

6. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

That's funny, I was chatting to Craig Charles the other day he called in for a bit.
    And he told me a few very positive things they will be filming a Christmas special
    For December 2015, then after that in 2019, they will be filming 15 hour long episodes
    back to back to save on time. Doug also told him that he was hoping for a March 2024 release
    For the final series xi. So pretty good news.

7. Sammy Psycho

I've just been reading a tweet by Richard Naylor which said "New script sent off to the Beeb" " Now we wait" well as its Doug and Richards new production company called 'Three Feet Productions' it's safe to say it is nothing to do with Red Dwarf.
    Looks like they must have put time into another project instead of Red Dwarf, got to hope it is a million times better than that Bill Onion dross.

8. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I saw that and assumed it was for that Over to Bill show. Also never noticed that Rob and Doug don't follow each other on Twitter....hmmmmm?

9. simulant37

One wonders how Richard got his job in telly...:roll:

10. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

One could wonder the same about loads of other people who work in the media - in front of, and behind the camera. Chloe Annett's Dad is a big TV Director and used to direct many dramas back in the day. I am sure he had a big influence on kick starting her acting career by giving her contacts. But I have to ask - who cares how or why he got his job?

From the interviews I have seen and read, Richard sounds like he knows his stuff - and good for him for trying it out.

11. simulant37

Will we have any proper RD XI news this year?!?

12. Sammy Psycho

Or even next year ? :evil:

13. Clarence

Clarence First Technician

Bit of news on http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/red-dwarf/33336/danny-john-jules-confirms-red-dwarf-team-meet-up

Looks like they are getting there. It would be pointless meeting otherwise.:-)

14. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Not necessarily. Any time we get anything like this, I hear a little voice inside reminding me that the Movie got a lot further along than this and still came to nothing.

15. Sammy Psycho

Yeah, but the movie was a whole different affair really, I don't think a comparison can be levelled between the two. The movie had many spanners thrown into the works. Like the Americans wanting to use US actors and fake funders who promised lots of money but didn't have any money. etc. etc.

A new series on the other hand we know the main actors would like to do it, as I think does Doug and Dave. It is just things need thrashing out and schedules set. Of course that is just my opinion as I have no insider knowledge.

16. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

I'm closing down this thread, let it go... it's over.

17. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I would be extremely surprised if the series doesn't happen. And I've not seen, read or heard any reason to believe it might not happen. It shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been happening while we were all thinking it would never happen.

Patience, young grass smokers.

18. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

19. I think we should dump the studio audience. It's an anachronism and starting to seriously impede the creative process - one article states that we could have had a lot more location shooting in Red Dwarf X if there hadn't been a studio audience.

20. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I disagree, I think Red Dwarf works very well with a studio audience and whilst it may be a coincidence, the series that are generally seen as the weaker are those shot without. Besides, I don't think more location work would have particularly improved or benefitted Series X.