STILL" NO" RED DWARF XI NEWS??

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Oct 8, 2013.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Err, you cannot "exclude being paid"..that IS why they do it. Look at all the other guests on these cons, they haven't all got a new show to advertise...:roll:

2. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

Simulant is absolutely right in this instance.

Money is the sole reason they do it. The same with cast members of dozens of other shows/movies (most of which have no chance of returning).

3. harry_swagger

harry_swagger Second Technician

How people know there will be no new series? Is it true?

4. simulant37

It is looking increasingly likely...the lack of any news, even that RDXI is in the planning stage does not bode well James The Great...:roll:

5. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

there will be a new series, it took 3 years from 2009 to get a new series so this delay doesn't mean a hell of alot

like i said before its not a healthy way to make a show to keep delaying it several years but i generally don't think its that much of a big deal to doug naylor and the channel dave still repeat the show like crazy so they are likely fully onboard with making more but there is likely other things they have to get around first, with them being a smaller tv channel and all

either way i am pretty confident there will be more red dwarf at some point

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

the lack of news means nothing at all, in general dave would probably prefer to keep it quiet till they decide to announce it anyway

7. simulant37

Really?!? Nothing at all...oh well...:roll:

8. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I agree. It is frustrating that it is taking so long for more new Red Dwarf but I just have a positive feeling that it will go ahead eventually.

27 years from the Dwarf's start means that really momentum does not matter so much now as there is such a fanatical fanbase who will be always interested in new Dwarf. Fingers crossed we will get some significant news development at Dimension Jump.

Even if series X is the last it would go out on a relative high and X was a synthesis of a lot of the previous series' styles and a good summation of what's good about RD. But I am hopeful it won't be the last.

Also btw I take back lowering my own expectations for the new series in a previous post as after all although without Grant and so many years on from the shows' peak it is difficult to recapture the glory years, if there is to be a series XI it could be even better than X. Obviously we don't know what the quality will be until it eventually gets broadcast if it goes ahead! So if there is to be a series XI I apologise for pre-judging it and I will look forward to its broadcast if it is to be.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I am abit split in series 10, it's better then series 8, back to earth and maybe a little bit better then 7 (just not by much) but I still think doug made some questionable decisions that I wasn't fond of and being dougs 4th solo attempt it's not quite the way I hoped it would go

10. snodgrass

snodgrass Third Technician

11. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Robert Llewellyn, best known as Kryten in the hit BBC series Red Dwarf, said he could not disclose whether there would be a new series of the comedy, but added: "I am not planning any holidays after October for a while."

If this was the quote you mentioned then Huge disappointment from me, as if it is aimed at a possible timeline for Red Dwarf then that means it is at least another year away before it gets to the screens. :-(

12. simulant37

Pathetic! What a waste of time bringing the show back...:roll:

13. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Yes what a waste of time! Doug and the cast should simply rush the series to fit in with your impatience!!!

Ps :roll:

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Doug Naylor @DougRDNaylor
    Doug Naylors twitter

15. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Just seen this. I suspect the news will be that 11 has been confirmed as Robert cryptically said that he has no plans for later in the year, so they could be filming it then. Fingers crossed!

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

We've had so many false starts and premature tweets over the years that even considering the source I remain sceptical, however thanks for the update.

17. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Very encouraged by the news.

18. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

19. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

:lol: Stephens eyebrow has been raised. It must be interesting news.

20. simulant37

This represents my thoughts also at this time....if you please