STILL" NO" RED DWARF XI NEWS??

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RECTUMfacedPYGMY, Oct 8, 2013.

1. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

this is not looking good,:-(:-( they should have started XI six month after x, the cast are only getting older. :-(:x

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

there is probably stuff going on behind the scenes that they dont wanna tell fans incase it falls apart, the cast seem confident it will happen so they are clearly being kept updated, but obviously they cant start without craig charles and its rare that soap actors get allowed to do other shows while they are in a soap

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Think that would've worked better if I used quotation marks :P

4. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

:?

Not sure how that could change the meaning. Or is it a Rimmer quote or something..?

5. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

yes it is

6. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

still nothing......:-(:-(:x

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Patience, brother

8. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Another week, and another nothing. Come on guys, get those big wigs at DaveTV sorted out and RDX1 on the TV sets of the nation. :-)

9. beansy1982

beansy1982 Third Technician

Very interesting tweet from Richard naylor last night, sounds like he is reading red dwarf XI

10. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I saw that. It read along the lines of he just finished reading the script of the first episode of the new series of a popular sci fi comedy series...he didn't put pacifically it was red dwarf but fingers crossed!

11. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I don't normally do this, but this one is a bit of a pet hate of mine. Unless you're referring to the ocean to the west of the America, the word is "Specifically".

Anyway, we've had these kind of interesting and encouraging little bits before and they've usually turned out to be premature at best, I'll believe it when I see something official from Doug himself or Dave.

12. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

This is worth a third of a raised eyebrow.

13. Strat-tastic

Nah. If it was the ocean he'd have used a capital P :P ;-)

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

15. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

good..but cant believe they have left it so long after x to get working on it, what a waste. its good he as had more time to write though.

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Not wishing to sound too pessimistic but as Harry's already said that doesn't necessarily even mean Red Dwarf (although I have to admit the odds are that it is, I can't think of what else he could be referring to). Even if it is though and I agree that is the most likely candidate, a draft script still doesn't mean that there's been any progress at all with getting the series actually commissioned and that's the important bit, I really would have thought that after more than a year now since RDX aired things would have gone a bit further than the first draft of the first episode with not even a hint of the series being commissioned or even an estimated production date. I'm sure the movie got about this far too and we all know how that turned out.

One year for the first draft of the first episode, at that rate it could easily take till 2020 to see the scripts for Series XI written :-(

17. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

its likely his tweet was about red dwarf, when you have dozens of red dwarf fans following you on twitter you don't hint about another tv show by mentioning reading a script for a certain popular sci fi show when its not red dwarf, you just don't do that and if you do then you make sure you ain't misleading a whole fanbase ;-)

18. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

So it's not worth queuing outside Shepperton just yet then?

19. Strat-tastic

Whoa there horsey. Keep yer eyebrows on :lol:

20. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I know, that's why I said that I too thought it was the most likely candidate and that I couldn't think what else he might be referring to. That said, the point still stands that he didn't actually say which show he was referring to and the easiest way to ensure that he wasn't being at all misleading would have been if he'd just stated that it was Red Dwarf rather than trying to be all enigmatic about it.

At the risk of repetition, if this is progress then it's happening at an almost glacial pace. I know there was over three years between BtE and RDX but my concern is that XI may have already run out of momentum.