STILL, THERE'S RED DWARF XI NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, May 2, 2015.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Not sure he has a track record in comedy. Don't think his style would benefit the show at all...:roll:

2. Antjac

Antjac Third Technician

Jesus Wept :shock:

It is 12 episodes also. Kryten has confirmed it

3. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I've heard of him - he's that movie director.

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Yep from roberts llewblog

5. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Oh for a dancing kitty emote - I'm so excited! :-D

6. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Fan-smegging tastic. Looking forward to this.

So... whilst it is a tad in advance, does anyone know how one would go about looking out for audience tickets? Are there any websites we need to keep an eye on?

Things I want:

1 - keep the sets, they worked brilliantly
    2 - give us some Starbug action, though we've got to have Starbug cockpit and midsection sets
    3 - tighter (and more fast-paced) plots! And a darker vibe. As great as RDX was, it doesn't hold a candle to some of the average episodes from previous series. Compare even The Beginning to stuff like Psirens, BTR and Inquisitor, or even Justice.
    4 - make Rimmer unpleasant again. He's become a bit too smarmy and maybe even thick recently. I still feel that, when asked to move Jesus' "manhood" out of the way, he should responded with something along the lines of "he's Jesus, he doesn't use it anyway" rather than volunteering with gusto. Vending machine incident - should've said "not again" and walked away (which would have been a great gag for anyone who's seen Polymorph)
    5 - Kochanski would disagree with me. Absolutely hated the Kochanski this and Kochanski that in RDX. Though I *did* like her inclusion in BTE - but that was a completely different kettle of fish

7. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

I have been smiling a lot today. Like this ---> :-D :-D :-D

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've been feeling great too. It's amazing how an announcement about Red Dwarf can lift my spirits so much.

I'm so looking forward to discussing the episodes on here in 2016 and 2017.

9. simulant37

I agree with this. The production values were excellent. But the Rimmer/Lister relationship had softened too much. It was more like mates winding each other up.

10. simulant37

Yes. The Batman trilogy amongst other offerings. His most recent work being Interstellar.

11. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Yes. I can agree with you on the lister/rimmer rivalry. I really hope to see them go at it again like the earlier days of dwarf, when they clearly genuinely hated each other. Reminds me of me and a fellow member of this board sometimes.

12. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Gonna have to disagree about the Rimmer and lister relationship because fair enough in series 1 they clashed often but in series 2,3 and 4 they didn't just argue all the time, they discussed things or told stories even if they did give each other back snarky responses.

in series 5 or 6 (excluding holoship) you could argue rimmer was more of a git then previous 3 series

But i think its the 1 dimensional trap that series 8 fell it

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Not sure about the new drive room personally as its a little to obvious it can easy become a cockpit with a few changes, but hey i don't mind it coming back

i agree i want to see starbug and the set back, the driveroom did look it could be the starbug cockpit very easy

agreed!

yes as a regular character i don't think she quite works

14. Clarence

Clarence First Technician

I was joking but his best three works (in my opinion) interstellar, memento and inception all have storylines that are practically red dwarf episodes already. When I watcher interstellar I was practically adding up how many dwarf episodes have used the same themes.

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I quite like the fact the relationship between Rimmer and Lister has lightened a bit. Considering how long they've been together it makes sense. But there is still enough tension to provide some clash as shown in the episode Entangled.

16. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Great news to read that the show is coming back for at least 2 more series, and a potential live show. Remember though that some things were planned for 2009 and instead they were changed to make more episodes, so don't bank on the live tour happening!

Would love to see a proper Starbug cockpit and mid-section again and some decent flyby/models for XI and XII. Not just a redress of the drive room, which in itself was far too small and cramped looking.

Hopefully will get a chance to be in the audience this time round, they are filming around the end of October which is when my birthday is, so if I drop enough hints I may get them as a present... Fingers crossed!

17. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

:-D

18. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

At least Nolan would deliver an ending...albeit one that goes on twenty minutes too long and over-explains itself to the level of a five year old.

19. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Didn't expect the news of TWO new series, and to be in consecutive years. Think about the gaps we've had and this could be the shortest gepsice the one between 5 and 6!

I really hope Doug hasn't over committed himself either and has enough good material to go around. Hopefully he has ben working on it in the meantime. I also wonder if unused ideas could be brought back. I also presumes the sets could be stred for the break between series thus saving money which could allow more ambitious scripts to be filmed. I wouldn't actually mind if Doug used some jokes/ideas from some of the books either.

Man I'm gonna be checking here all the time for news of shooting dates!

This also brings about a weird dilemma...
    Last year I met Danny John Jules, at my uncle's funeral of all places. My uncle appeared in stage productions when he was younger and as it turned out he worked with Danny (in the early 80s I think) and they were good friends. Never even knew that through growing up loving Red Dwarf! Danny was such a lovely bloke (I mean he took time out to come to the funeral and reception and was really nice and friendly with everyone) and actually gave me his phone number in case they were doing any conventions or shooting another show but I am too scared to contact him lol. Probably isn't even his number, and if it is he might be like "who the hell is this?". Think I'm gonna have to pray I get a ticket assuming it's a live audience again. On the other hand my uncle's family know Danny a bit better so I could ask them but I don't see them that often. I know if I don't manage to get a ticket to see filming it's going to be really tempting to try and contact him but I don't want to be a hanger on or be taking advantage..

20. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Some quotes from Ganymede & Titan on twitter who were at DJ

so it sounds like the sets will be pretty much the same as Series 10

i dunno if i hope doug was joking or not, kinda get dibbley family vibes from it